Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone! As seen in the iPhone TV ads.
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
- Free app includes SmartPark parking spot finder, parking meter reminder, and guest membership in Viper Motor Club.
- When combined with a Viper SmartStart module in your car, you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive push or text notification if your car alarm goes off (when installed with a Viper security system). You can even control your compatible home security system in one convenient, easy to use app.
- When combined with a Viper SmartStart GPS module, you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- New for 3.0, add a Viper SmartStart Bluetooth® Module for lightning-fast response when closer to your vehicle, even when parked outside of cell network coverage.
- Also new for 3.0, cloud-connected features such as SmartSchedule and real-time Status makes the integration of car and smartphone more powerful than ever before.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, using the exciting new Viper SmartStart app from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start. And, now the same convenient app also lets you arm and disarm your compatible home security system.
Includes these FREE features (no hardware or service plan required):
- SmartPark – Ever forgotten where you parked? SmartPark saves the location for you every time you lock your doors with Viper SmartStart.
- Viper Motor Club - Locked out? Need a tow? We've got your back. Download the app and sign up for a FREE guest membership to the Viper Motor Club and get 24/7/365 access to the Viper Motor Club's 30,000 licensed service providers.
Download the free app and check it out.
The simple graphical interface gives you control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Panic or car finder
- Aux channels
With Viper SmartStart GPS, add family-friendly features such as HotSpot and Speed alerts so you get notified if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account
That’s all there is to it. Download the app and play around with the demo to see how it works.
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan. Guest members sign up for free membership and pay only $79 per incident. Secure Plan subscribers get free roadside assistance included with their service plan.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
- iOS8 optimization.
- Bug Fixes
Alerts not working in iOS 8
First, let me say that I have installed a Smart Start module in all three of my family's vehicles and love the product, and until iOS 8 I have also loved the app. The problem is that alerts don't seem to work in iOS 8. I have checked the settings and all alerts have been turned on but when Lockdown or SmartFence are enabled and the vehicles move, no alerts come through. The only way I can find out that one of the vehicles have moved is by opening the app and then instantly being notified of the alert, which failed to actually alert me. I really hope they get this fixed soon.
Works well....only at times.
This morning it took 11 tries before I stopped getting the "app can't communicate with the car at this time" when trying to remote start using the app on my iPhone. That was over a very frustrating 15 minute period. My vehicle is in the same spot every morning and I have a full signal on my phone. It works only on mornings that are not that seasonally cold. This is when the service does not have a high demand for use. I call the help number and a lady with a strong accent claims "the satellite is out of the area at this time." What a load of BS. This service is over sold and they cannot keep up during peak times. Have fun with this purchase!
Pure GARBAGE!!!!!! Never works, especially when you need it.
Update: I got enticed with a 9.99 offer for a year and figured that's exactly what this service is worth. Nope, haven't been able to open/start the car once yet. Looks like their service is still crap.
I USED to be able to open the app and start my car, hence the 650+ investment, but after installing the update, the app won't stay open for a second!! Don't be fooled they still don't have their act together.
PS: Got the system installed 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago the front corner of my car got tagged on a hit and run, no alert, no alarm. Thanks Viper, well worth the money, smh.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 29, 2014
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 28.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Directed Electronics, Inc.
- © 2014 Directed
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Viper Pink$0.99
- Viper Responder Skin$0.99