Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Start your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone! As seen in the iPhone TV ads.
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
- Free app includes SmartPark parking spot finder, parking meter reminder, and guest membership in Viper Motor Club.
- When combined with a Viper SmartStart module in your car, you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive push or text notification if your car alarm goes off (when installed with a Viper security system). You can even control your compatible home security system in one convenient, easy to use app.
- When combined with a Viper SmartStart GPS module, you can also locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- New for 3.0, add a Viper SmartStart Bluetooth® Module for lightning-fast response when closer to your vehicle, even when parked outside of cell network coverage.
- Also new for 3.0, cloud-connected features such as SmartSchedule and real-time Status makes the integration of car and smartphone more powerful than ever before.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, using the exciting new Viper SmartStart app from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start. And, now the same convenient app also lets you arm and disarm your compatible home security system.
Includes these FREE features (no hardware or service plan required):
- SmartPark – Ever forgotten where you parked? SmartPark saves the location for you every time you lock your doors with Viper SmartStart.
- Viper Motor Club - Locked out? Need a tow? We've got your back. Download the app and sign up for a FREE guest membership to the Viper Motor Club and get 24/7/365 access to the Viper Motor Club's 30,000 licensed service providers.
Download the free app and check it out.
The simple graphical interface gives you control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Panic or car finder
- Aux channels
With Viper SmartStart GPS, add family-friendly features such as HotSpot and Speed alerts so you get notified if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account
That’s all there is to it. Download the app and play around with the demo to see how it works.
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan. Guest members sign up for free membership and pay only $79 per incident. Secure Plan subscribers get free roadside assistance included with their service plan.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
- iOS8 optimization.
- Bug Fixes
Luke warm mixed feelings
Since this is a rating of the app and not the hardware, two stars are in order. The technology is awesome and the smart start works great... But the app definitely needs an update. Several of the features no longer work properly after the IOS 8 update. An app refresh is in order to get these features working correctly the way they are supposed to. The app is slow to send and receive commands. Nearly 10 seconds go by before my vehicle receives a command. Nearly all the issues I have seen are minor, but as a whole these features are why I chose Viper and I would expect to use all of the when I paid $800 for install and nearly $70 annually for service of these features.
Alerts not working in iOS 8
First, let me say that I have installed a Smart Start module in all three of my family's vehicles and love the product, and until iOS 8 I have also loved the app. The problem is that alerts don't seem to work in iOS 8. I have checked the settings and all alerts have been turned on but when Lockdown or SmartFence are enabled and the vehicles move, no alerts come through. The only way I can find out that one of the vehicles have moved is by opening the app and then instantly being notified of the alert, which failed to actually alert me. I really hope they get this fixed soon.
Working Great So Far
I just got a VSS5000 SmartStart installed in a 2008 Chevy Tahoe with a Dball2 and a VSK100 Smart Key this was a professional installation here in Burlington, NC @ Auto Acoustics I received my email to set up and pay for my plan and I've been using this for several days now. I was told by the installer that SmartStart works off of AT&T cell towers I have my cellular phone service with AT&T so that was a plus to hear this also works really well with Wi-Fi. I believe if your installation is professionally done you won't run into as many problems as other users have.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 29, 2014
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 28.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Directed Electronics, Inc.
- © 2014 Directed
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Viper Pink$0.99
- Viper Responder Skin$0.99