With more than 16,000 followers, Virginia Wine in My Pocket is the most popular guide for travelers in Virginia Wine Country. Whether you’re looking for a day-trip with friends, a romantic weekend, a week-long wine adventure, or a quick stop as you’re passing through, the app - and VirginiaWineInMyPocket.com - will help you find your way. Virginia Wine in My Pocket was created by Virginia travel writers/photographers Rick Collier and Nancy Bauer, who've spent nearly two decades following the growth of Virginia's wine country, from a 65-winery footnote to a global rising star with 250+ wineries, international acclaim, and a multi-million dollar travel industry. In the app you'll find descriptions, photos, maps, opening hours and more for:
• Every open-to-the-public winery in Virginia (and several appointment-only wineries)
• Wineries with on-site dining and lodging
• Every cidery and meadery, plus featured breweries and distilleries
• Recommended lodging, dining, wine tours and activities
You'll be able to:
• Search for what's important to you: pet friendly, kid friendly, no smoking, wheelchair accessible, and more
• Write and store personal tasting and visit notes
• Read - and leave your own - winery reviews
• Check off wineries you've visited, and track those you'll visit next
You'll also find Events, Itineraries, Trails, and Featured Destinations to add to your travel list.
Virginia Wine in My Pocket is the ultimate guide for discovering the best of Virginia.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Crashes on startup
This used to be a great app for discovering wineries but in iOS 11 and iOS 12 it just crashes on startup on both ipad and iPhone.
We just discovered this app after spending our wedding anniversary at Little Washington Winery. We stopped by Grey Ghost, Narmada and hoped to visit Old House or the new Wilderness winery on our way home to Fredericksburg but weren't sure what time they closed. We are huge Virginia wine fans and used to keep a faded copy of the Virginia wine map in the glove compartment. Gone are those days, thanks to this app! My husband has experienced a few hiccups on his HTC1 but my iPhone does not hesitate while setting up filters and accessing additional links outside the app. Great job! Can't wait to use the new updated app👍😎🍷💆
This app is a must have for anyone wanting to explore the wonderful world of VA wine country. Well worth the price for the explanations and break downs of all of the fabulous wineries in VA. Not only do you need this app you need to come to VA and discover the world class wines that are being produced in the home state of Washington, Jefferson, and Madison among others. Don't be the last to the party... VA wines are competing and BEATING CA and French wines day in and day out. Reds, whites... Doesn't matter. This app covers every single winery in VA and is constantly being updated with customer reviews and as new wineries open. You won't be disappointed.
- En Route Communication LLC
- 51.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Nancy Bauer & Rick Collier
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.