With more than 16,000 followers, Virginia Wine in My Pocket is the most popular guide for travelers in Virginia Wine Country. Whether you’re looking for a day-trip with friends, a romantic weekend, a week-long wine adventure, or a quick stop as you’re passing through, the app - and VirginiaWineInMyPocket.com - will help you find your way. Virginia Wine in My Pocket was created by Virginia travel writers/photographers Rick Collier and Nancy Bauer, who've spent nearly two decades following the growth of Virginia's wine country, from a 65-winery footnote to a global rising star with 250+ wineries, international acclaim, and a multi-million dollar travel industry. In the app you'll find descriptions, photos, maps, opening hours and more for:
• Every open-to-the-public winery in Virginia (and several appointment-only wineries)
• Wineries with on-site dining and lodging
• Every cidery and meadery, plus featured breweries and distilleries
• Recommended lodging, dining, wine tours and activities
You'll be able to:
• Search for what's important to you: pet friendly, kid friendly, no smoking, wheelchair accessible, and more
• Write and store personal tasting and visit notes
• Read - and leave your own - winery reviews
• Check off wineries you've visited, and track those you'll visit next
You'll also find Events, Itineraries, Trails, and Featured Destinations to add to your travel list.
Virginia Wine in My Pocket is the ultimate guide for discovering the best of Virginia.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Crashes on startup
This used to be a great app for discovering wineries but in iOS 11 and iOS 12 it just crashes on startup on both ipad and iPhone.
Nice idea but not complete
I had high hopes for this app as my wife and I travel to VA wine country over many weekends.
The app, unfortunately is not complete. Just in the Marshall Va area it failed to list 3 wineries still in business.
I won't be keeping this one.
Needs a little work
Great concept, especially the "been there" function. Problem is, you can only add one winery to the list at a time. Try to add a second and the app locks. If you close the app then relaunch, the second winery has been added, but the process starts all over - add one..add two and it locks. Close, relaunch, repeat...
It will take me forever to load in all the wineries I've visited.
- En Route Communication LLC
- 51.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Nancy Bauer & Rick Collier
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.