Visual Brailler is the simple braille editor. It’s a braille writer for your iPad, and it has a place in every braille transcriber’s toolbox. Use it for NLS certification exercises or to practice UEB. Show off your mastery of braille!
• 6-dot braille on-screen keyboard
• Support for any and all 6-dot braille codes
• An indefinite number of 40-cell braille lines
• Cut, copy, and paste braille manipulation
• Refreshable braille display input and output
• BRL (unformatted) and BRF (formatted) braille file export
* fixes an issue in iOS 9 that caused the system's keyboard copy/paste panel to partially cover the braille keyboard
Ratings and Reviews
This Braille app is perfect for me to use on the go! Even for when I’m practicing on writing Braille Music! There should be an option on using UEB Braille on our Bluetooth Keyboards instead of having to write some Grade 1 Braille.
Have found that Braille spacing on lines carried over do not space as expected.
Files I have received from students using the program do not always open readily within other Braille programs like Duxbury or Perky Duck.
Recently a student is having trouble with not being able to get all dots to appear when pressing the keys.
It is not clear how to save files or if it is possible to save a file.
Stopped working and don't know why! Help!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.