VisualDx is the single source for diagnostic clinical decision support. Searchable by symptoms, signs, and patient factors, VisualDx is the fastest path to a customized differential diagnosis. Tens of thousands of images and graphics speed comparison, recognition, and diagnosis. VisualDx is used to validate a diagnosis, access next steps for management and care, and for patient education. The VisualDx decision support and reference tool for physicians includes more than 3000 diagnoses and over 41 000 medical images. REQUIRES a VisualDx subscription; see below for details.
VisualDx combines expert medical knowledge, standardized terminology, intelligent search, and the best medical images to deliver concise and accurate answers. Search by diagnosis, build a patient-specific differential, or look up drug-induced adverse reactions by medication – all at the point of care. VisualDx Mobile is the ONLY professional medical app to show disease variation with images.
With VisualDx you can:
· Quickly search by diagnosis for next steps on management and patient care.
· Visually confirm a diagnosis by comparing medical images to your patient’s presentation.
· Review diagnostic pearls and best tests at the point of care to aid with diagnosis.
· Build a custom differential based on your patient’s signs, symptoms, and other key findings such as travel history.
· View over 43,000 drug reactions
· Provide on-the-spot patient education with real medical images.
· Access ICD-10 and SNOMED CT codes.
· Perform VisualDx Quiz to test your knowledge of visual presentations of disease, and compete against colleagues via leaderboards.
Over 1700 hospitals, clinics, and medical schools use VisualDx to aid diagnostic accuracy, enhance medical education, and improve patient outcomes.
Launch VisualDx AT YOUR INSTITUTION and click the “VisualDx Mobile” link to register for a personal VisualDx user name and password to use on your mobile device.
CURRENT subscribers: use your existing user name and password with VisualDx Mobile.
NEW subscribers: sign up in the app to start using your VisualDx free trial.
Several bug fixes and corrections to the German localizations.
Ratings and Reviews
Best clinical app for dermatology
I have been a user of this app for >3 years from dermatology residency to clinical practice as a board-certified dermatologist. Very easy to navigate and nearly comprehensive listing of dermatological disease. Whether you are using it as a learning tool (med student, resident) or clinical assistant (ED, IM, dermatology, etc.) it is a “must have” if you encounter cutaneous disease in practice.
I use the app multiple times a day and use it to assist with diagnosis, differentials, quick treatment guide, and most importantly as an education tool for the patient. I often will pull up a known diagnosis and show the patient similar photos to their condition from the expansive photo bank to help support a diagnosis. Furthermore, i frequently print out patient handouts for patients so that they have a reliable and physician-vetted document to help answer any questions that remain after our patient encounter.
All in all, this is the single best and most used app I use in clinical practice as a dermatologist. Very useful for med students to experienced physicians and I highly recommend.
Premier medical app
I have been using VisualDx since my second year of medical school. This app has a wide range of use for medical training and education. High quality, high yield photos of a wide range of conditions as well as pictograms for systemic conditions allow for effective clinical cross reference. Concise, high yield information in a well organized template allows for quick reference. Over time I have significantly decreased the number of medical apps I use; however, VisualDx is a tool I still use daily.
A must have
I have been using VisualDx app for about 3 years and I have to say it is the best purchase I have spent. I use this app for patient education as well as for my own education. It is very user friendly and the information is informative but not overwhelming. I use it everyday and I am very happy with the app.
- Logical Images
- 181.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2009-2018 Logical Images, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Complete (1 yr) $399.99
- Add DermExpert (1 yr) $99.99
- Complete + DermExpert (1 yr) $499.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.