VisualDx is the single source for diagnostic clinical decision support. Searchable by symptoms, signs, and patient factors, VisualDx is the fastest path to a customized differential diagnosis. Tens of thousands of images and graphics speed comparison, recognition, and diagnosis. VisualDx is used to validate a diagnosis, access next steps for management and care, and for patient education. The VisualDx decision support and reference tool for physicians includes more than 3000 diagnoses and over 41 000 medical images. REQUIRES a VisualDx subscription; see below for details.
VisualDx combines expert medical knowledge, standardized terminology, intelligent search, and the best medical images to deliver concise and accurate answers. Search by diagnosis, build a patient-specific differential, or look up drug-induced adverse reactions by medication – all at the point of care. VisualDx Mobile is the ONLY professional medical app to show disease variation with images.
With VisualDx you can:
· Quickly search by diagnosis for next steps on management and patient care.
· Visually confirm a diagnosis by comparing medical images to your patient’s presentation.
· Review diagnostic pearls and best tests at the point of care to aid with diagnosis.
· Build a custom differential based on your patient’s signs, symptoms, and other key findings such as travel history.
· View over 43,000 drug reactions
· Provide on-the-spot patient education with real medical images.
· Access ICD-10 and SNOMED CT codes.
· Perform VisualDx Quiz to test your knowledge of visual presentations of disease, and compete against colleagues via leaderboards.
Over 1700 hospitals, clinics, and medical schools use VisualDx to aid diagnostic accuracy, enhance medical education, and improve patient outcomes.
Launch VisualDx AT YOUR INSTITUTION and click the “VisualDx Mobile” link to register for a personal VisualDx user name and password to use on your mobile device.
CURRENT subscribers: use your existing user name and password with VisualDx Mobile.
NEW subscribers: sign up in the app to start using your VisualDx free trial.
Ratings and Reviews
Price per year high and Internet required at all time
Price for students is extremely high at $150/year for full app functionality plus requires constant Internet access! Did enjoy the free subscription while it's lasting but as much as I want I continue using he application, it's just impossible me to keep it and the company is not responding to emails regarding any student pricing. I have rotations coming up and that's almost two years which I would love to have this application for but as we stand now it's with a price tag of $300 and once it expires your back to a empty app with nothing usable. The company gets plenty of attention from hospitals around the country maybe that's why they have no intentions of providing a lower price point for students or higher subscription time frame.
- make price affordable, If you don't want to lower it then increase the subscription time frame from 1 year to 5 years for ~$200-$250
- Make content downloadable once purchase made from the in-app purchase so we can use it at anytime, anywhere plus much faster than relying on internet/data plan and push monthly updates
For now those of you that want something that works but offers just about same content your better off with MEDSCAPE, as content is downloadable and is free. For now I'll continue to live with it and hope they come up with more affordable pricing.
Ok, but old version was better.
The new version looks more "modern" but is much more clunky and difficult to use. Navigating was very simple and intuitive but now I've had a harder entering info (or finding where to enter certain pertinent positives). I am an IM resident and previously this app was my go-to for skin conditions or a physical exam finding that I wasn't sure about.
When using an phone app most doctors want it to be very simple and easy to use. The old version was perfect. Even the most technologically challenged physician could easily navigate the app.
With my huge medical school debt I have to be very picky on what I spend money on and previously this app was worth it to me, however I'm not sure I will renew my subscription (at least in the current state of the app). I really hope they clean up the layout because the underlying information in this app is top-notch.
Best medical app
I am currently a resident. My specialty is dermatology. I have used visual Dx for three years now through medical school and residency. Over the years it has changed a lot. They are always adding more and improving on an already outstanding program. If you are in the medical field, this app is absolutely worth getting. My two favorite features are being able to type in a differential and the program generates a very accurate differential (complete with realistic and accurate pictures of the disorder) and the quiz feature.
- Logical Images
- 164.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2009-2018 Logical Images, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Complete (1 yr) $399.99
- Add DermExpert (1 yr) $99.99
- Complete + DermExpert (1 yr) $499.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.