By algoriddim GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing vjay - the mashup machine for your music and videos. Includes over 15 exclusive, free bonus video clips by Snoop Dogg a.k.a. Snoop Lion, Far East Movement, Eclectic Method, J-Live, VJ Loops and others, so you can get started right away!
"Direct Your Own Music Video Mashups" Gizmodo
"If you have even the slightest inclination towards playing with video, you're going to love vjay." TUAW
"vjay is a powerful, easy-to-use tool for budding video editors and music mixers alike." USA Today
"It has much of the sensation of mixing on a physical mixer or turntable." Forbes
"vjay is exactly the kind of breezily creative app the iPad was built for." Maclife
- BEST OF APP STORE 2012
- FEATURED BY ABC NEWS: THE TOP 50 iPad APPS
- Editor's Choice on the App Store in over 100 countries
- Nominated for MTV's O Music Awards 2013
vjay transforms your iPad into a cutting-edge mashup machine, directly integrated with the media libraries on your iPad. Mix and scratch your favorite music videos from iTunes or combine songs from your music library with personal video footage into an interactive audio visual experience. You can even use the built-in camera on your device to add your very own clips to the mix with added special effects. The first of its kind on the iPad, vjay lets you create fun video mashups, display directly to a TV, or record your performances live to share instantly on Facebook or YouTube.
- Media Access - Create stunning mashups using all your media on your device, including videos, music, and footage from camera roll.
- Real-time video transitions, audio visuals effects – vjay comes with stunning audio & video effects, looping tools, visual transitions, and real-time VideoScratch™.
- Live Movie Recording – With a simple touch of a button, easily save your mixes on your device in real-time.
- Instant Facebook and YouTube sharing - Instantly share your personal vjay recordings with friends via Facebook and YouTube.
- Support for external displays – Easily plug into a TV and stream videos wirelessly to Apple TV.
- Built-in camera integration - Quickly record your own video clips using the built-in camera and add them to your mixes on the fly with added special effects
- Integration with iTunes Store – browse, search, preview and purchase music videos on iTunes from within the app.
Requires iPad 2 or later running iOS 5 or higher. Enhanced for the new iPad.
- Direct access to user's media on the device (music videos, movies, camera roll footage, music)
- iTunes Store integration (search, browse, preview and purchase artist music videos)
- Built-in camera integration
- Video Transitions
- Audio Visual Effects
- Live Movie recording with instant export to Facebook or YouTube
- Fullscreen mode
- Support for external displays via iPad adapter cable (HDMI, VGA, or Composite) and AirPlay for streaming video and audio
- Colorized EQ
- Slow-motion (time stretching)
- Split A/V crossfade mode (crossfade video independently from audio, and vice versa)
- Support for Numark iDJ Pro controller with a dedicated portrait mode interface
- Support for multi-route audio (e.g. HDMI + built in headphone jack) and multi-channel audio interfaces.
- Support for major audio formats like MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
- Video formats supported: H.264 and MPEG-4 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second in .mp4, .m4v and .mov file formats
Supported external hardware (optional):
- External displays and TVs via Digital AV Adapter (HDMI), VGA Adapter, or Composite AV Cable
- Apple TV + AirPlay enabled AV receivers
- Numark iDJ Pro, iDJ Live, Mixdeck Quad, ION iDJ 2 Go, and Vestax Spin 2 MIDI controllers
- Griffin DJ Cable
What's New in Version 1.4.1
• Added Chinese localization
• Fixed loading videos longer than 30 min from Camera Roll
• Bugfixes and improvements
Not a pro tool
This is a baby step app. It runs well on iPad, but to be more than a toy it could use the following improvements. 1) A lockable main music track. Good for mixing into/ with the video. If its a vjay app then I'm mixing to a main or external track separate from the video. 2) if you're going to use the iTunes library, there needs to be an extensive search/filter system. I have 8 devices synced to iTunes, it's beginning to get ridiculous. 3) improved video output. 640 x480 is so 1999 & looks the part on an HD screen. 4)Support for QuickTime .qtz files. We can make better visualizers than you do. Step aside and let the big boys play.
Made for kids
I am a professional VJ and I got this software and I was expecting more. The video output is very lame, it reminds me the same quality I had back in 2001 with the Pismo line Powerbooks ate 320 x 240 resolution. Hey! we are using HDMI today!!!
So, the output quality didn't pass the test. Is not the same quality you see in your preview in the iPad.
The rest is actually fun. A huge error is when you chose a song and then you chose and video without music on channel "A" or "B", the music cuts. If you have music running on B you can not load just a video without music, it will cut.
So… the software has nice features, the DJ version is way more mature, this one… was made being lazy. I hope the can come up with a better version, simple but decent and elegant.
I was very excited about all the easy to use features that this app offers. I wanted my students to be able to see a demo and then see what each other was doing as each tried the app. Sadly I couldn't get this app to work with my Apple TV to project on my classroom LCD projector with sound.