VLC for Mobile
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
VLC for Mobile is completely free and open source.
What's New in Version 2.8.2
· Fixes an unexpected playback termination of H.264 content after a few minutes
· Fixes playback of 10bit H.264 content
· Fixes a crash when discovering UPnP devices on the local network
· Restored playback on iOS 7
· Dropbox support is no longer an option on iOS 7 and iOS 8
· File listings in Dropbox are now alphabetically sorted (again)
· More options for default playback speed matching the tvOS version
· Fixed aspect ratio switch and crop
· General stability improvements and bug fixes
better but 1 issue
Testing it a bit and what i noticed is while playing videos, when you go to home screen and come back to the app the visual either freezes (with audio still playing), closes the video, or even crashes the app once. I tried doing it with a paused video going to home screen then back on the app: i play the video however it goes to a black screen and takes a few seconds for the video to show again.
The short duration of static sound when you skip within a video or audio happens far less frequently (which is a good thing). But just to let you know it does still happen on few occasions.
Audio won't play over Bluetooth headphones.
App is now unusable. Audio intermittently plays when using Bluetooth headphones. When I say intermittently, I mean I have gotten audio to play once or twice but do not know how. Please fix this.
Update: on iPhone 6 with iOS 10, audio plays fine over speakers. When using Bluetooth headphone audio will not play by default. You must slow down the playback speed to 80% before audio kicks on and then you can adjust the speed accordingly. Changing position in video by skipping ahead or jumping back will cause audio to turn off again. Only fixable by dropping playback speed to 80% and readjusting. Incredibly annoying. Was not like this in old version I updated from.
a few bugs to address...
when files are displayed as rectangles the orange bar at the top covers any folders on the top row which makes it impossible to edit in that view.
also recently i dragged a bunch of files into vlc thru itunes which were in folders but vlc did not put them in folders...now i have a bunch of individual videos which i cant put in folders because VLC seems to not be able to handle alot of indivdual move files, i can not select and put in folders because the app will not respond
Recent update now has audio problems and freezes every time I try to scrub video..closing app and reopening sometimes works but sometimes have to do it multiple times but no matter how many times I reopen the app the moment I try to scrub video it will freeze. So until you fix it this latest update is useless and I am looking for a new player
The previous version worked great...my rating is a one for this current update
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 14, 2017
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 82.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: VideoLAN
- © VideoLAN and authors
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes