Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Voice Synth is a professional live instrument to create incredible new voices, choirs, sounds and soundscapes, based on your own unique voice. Includes inter-app audio, three 24-band live vocoders, AutoPitch, multiple voice harmony arranger, spectrum stroboscope, pitch and formant shifter, sampler, 24-band equalizer, distortion, delay, chorus and reverb. Selected by Apple in USA Music App Collection "Vocals"
Take a journey into sound design and discover the endless possibilities: Speak, sing, hum and beatbox in the mic, to turn your voice live into a baby or tenor, a popstar on AutoPitch, a robot from Cylon to iDalek, a church or close harmony choir, animals from birds to dogs and lions, musical instruments from organs, guitars and a groovy bass to percussions and rich 70's vocoders, amazing effects and ambient, lush string/storm soundscapes. To get you started, we included over 100 factory presets!
For musicians, DJs, sound designers, voice artists: Voice Synth is a must-have in your audio toolbox. Voice Synth has a dedicated interface designed for iPad, and a compact interface for iPhone and iPod that includes all features so you can create anywhere you go.
DEMOS, TUTORIAL VIDEOS & AUDIO SAMPLES
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO AUDIOBUS USERS
Audiobus support will be discontinued soon, as it does not meet the stability standards we want to offer our customers. The audiobus SDK in Voice Synth is currently malfunctioning. We advise to use Apple’s inter-app audio (IAA), which is free, integrated in iOS, and stable since introduction. For continued audiobus support, please ask the audiobus developers to support IAA. Then all your IAA-enabled apps become audiobus compatible, while their stability will not be compromised.
• Sound engine 2x32 bit at 44.1 kHz
• All effects simultaneous, 12-voice polyphonic, live, real-time, low-latency
• Background audio
• Apple inter-app audio instrument/effect with midi, host with recorder
• Full MIDI support
• Auto engine sleep to save battery power
• In-app help, tutorial video and email support
• Audio dock compatible
• Audio import/export in WAV/M4A format, iOS pasteboard, iTunes File Sharing and email
• VoiceOver support
Note: iPhone 4 does not support inter-app audio
• 3 play modes: Live, Repeat and Sampler
• Sampler to record, import and play with your voice, with instant zoom, start/end, loop/hold, extensive trigger methods
• Performance recorder to record, play and export your creation
• 100 factory presets, unlimited user presets, 8 quick presets, import/export
• Keyboard 2.5 octaves (iPad), 1 octave (iPhone/iPod), hold on/off, mono/poly
• Noise gate, input & output mute/volume, engine bypass
• 3 vocoders with 24 bands, 5th order filters (Natural, Robot and Breath voice)
• Low/high register (add voice brilliance)
• Equalizer, 24 bands +/- 12 dB, VU 0 to -80 dB, stereo VU meter, with 8 presets (loudness, low-pass, telecom voice, etc)
• Pitch Shifter 8 octaves (e.g. for lion voice, tenor, gender change, child, baby, duck, squeak)
• Formant Shifter adapts voice spectrum, range +/- 1 octave, (change headsize from child to giant)
• Tune modes to alter pitch: fixed, free, inverse, double, auto
• AutoPitch (always sing in tune)
• Harmony synthesis of multiple voices in all 12 major/minor musical scales (choirs and rich 70's vocoder sounds)
• Autogain, distortion, stereo panning, delay, chorus and reverb
• Slew rate: special vocoder reverb (plucked strings, wind, thunder, storms)
• Stroboscopic gate: special vocoder effect to sample and hold your voice spectrum
What's New in Version 3.1
• iOS7 inter-app audio input/effect support:
- Use Voice Synth as input or effect in other inter-app hosts
- Control Voice Synth remotely via inter-app MIDI
- Control the host recorder remotely via Voice Synth
• iOS7 inter-app audio hosting support:
- Select inter-app input and effect
- Record input directly into the sampler
- Record the final result into the tape recorder
- Operate Voice Synth's tape recorder remotely from the input and effect
• Voice Synth engine can now be used together with
- sampler recording, to hear your live-transformed voice while recording
- tape play, to sing live while playing an earlier recording
• Note: iPhone 4 does not support inter-app audio
• Bugfix for use with VoiceOver on iPhone
Great app, bad UX
I'm writing this because I care: VS provides lots of vocoder functionality but unfortunately suffers from a layout that favors parallelism over usability best practices, resulting in some fairly confounding experiences. The good: Cylon welcoming committee, the innovative reticule "eye", EQ presets. The bad: everything else - there's too many problems to list here but overall it needs a serious revamp; why are the parent drawer buttons below their child containers and why do they sometimes get covered? Why do they appear more associated the effects knobs than their child functions? Why are distinctly different things using the same real-estate hogging red dot button? Recommendations: all routing could have 1 menu that includes the recorder, the keyboard needs more vert space and key size scaling, the "set" buttons could just be "favorites" at the top of a single drop-down slider for all sound presents (that ditches the red dot in favor of longer names).
Excels. Super Tool
Audiobus – fantastic... IAA – even better!
Don't take my word for it, but don't let vapid critics keep you from purchasing this excellent app. Visit the developer's website so you can listen to the sound quality, and view the functionality, and usability for yourself in several videos, including a tutorial that shows how easy the interface is to navigate, and how powerful the tools are.
Most of the criticism comes from people who don't understand what this app is - a real instrument for real musicians. One that works flawlessly on my iPad and iPhone, and sounds fantastic through recording studio monitors, and as good as anything else through Apple earbuds.
Abandoned & Forgotten
I bought this app almost a year ago, and no significant aspects have changed as far as functionality. In that time I enrolled in a school for audio engineering and have started working towards a career as an independent producer. A lot of what I do is with Cubasis and Korg, and I require strong vocals recorded with an external condenser microphone. If this app could produce finely tuned vocals, I'd still be using it. Even when I try the "robot" voice preset it is very hard to manipulate, and key selection is only possible if done in real time. Good luck with that; used it to make one song, then deleted the app. Sad to see Qneo move towards making a more simple app as their primary platform. It will get old quickly and Antares will someday blow this group out of the water.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 16, 2013
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 37.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Qneo
- © 2011-2013 Qneo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.