VOLT is a virtual analog synthesizer designed to create classic synth sounds while emphasising expressive play.
With full support for multidimensional polyphonic expression (MPE) - VOLT is a great companion to any Seaboard player.
* Polyphonic Virtual Analog Synthesizer
* Expressive synth engine with MPE, poly-, channel aftertouch & 4D touch keyboard
* Built-in stereo effects
* 100+ fine tuned factory presets
* Supports ROLI Seaboard, LinnStrument, Geoshred and others out of the box
* Standalone operation with support for USB audio interfaces, wired, network & bluetooth MIDI
* Audio Unit v3 Extension
* Inter App Audio support
* Audiobus support
* Ableton Link
* Variable waveshape
* Variable pulse-width (on all waves)
* Detunable sub & noise source
* SEM style state-variable filter
* LFO per voice
* Dual ADSR
* Poly drive (per voice distortion)
* 8x Polyphony / Unison
* Detune / Slop
* Pan Spread
* 3x stereo effect units
* Vintage Chorus
* Digital Delay (syncable)
* Epic Reverb
* MPE MIDI hardware including but not limited to ROLI Seaboard Rise, Seaboard Block, Lightpad Block
* MPE MIDI software including but not limited to Geoshred, Geoshred Control
* Regular MIDI keyboards featuring channel or poly aftertouch, pitch- and mod wheels
* Onscreen 2D Touch Keyboard (supports slide and glide)
* Plain MIDI Input
* Factory bank including 100+ expressive presets ready to play out of the box
* Preset Management with Templates & Categories
* Shared User Presets between Standalone and AUv3 versions
* Preset Export
* AUv3 Instrument
* Inter-App Audio Instrument
* Audiobus Instrument
- Added support for MIDI Program Change Messages
- Added support for sustain/hold pedals
- Added support for expression pedal (maps to mod wheel)
- Added option to toggle manual scrolling of the main UI (see settings screen)
- Added option to select whether MIDI program changes apply to all presets or just favourites
- Fixed an issue where MIDI routing via Audiobus/IAA would not work in some cases
- Fixed an issue where some settings would not be be initialized properly when first installing the app
- Fixed an issue where loading the AU on iPhone would load the wrong orientation in some cases
- Fixed an issue where using traditional MIDI input could cause hanging notes in some rare cases
- Fixed an issue where playing the same note twice using the string layout (or using geoshred) would cause the wrong key to be released upon receiving a note off message
- Minor UI tweaks
Ratings and Reviews
Very smart design❣️
Increased my rating by 1 star to counter zodthemagnificent’s (lol) unfair rating.
Thank you. And, naturally, I hit the ‘+’ for incrementing the playing preset and lost my settings again. Anyway, the far right ‘+’. :-) The fonts could be larger in the preset display screens and the orange selection highlight bar makes reading what’s highlighted hard.
Tried saving my preset and Volt crashed, losing everything. 😡Not sure why three UI button views as FX is displayed with Main on my 12.9” iPad Pro. I can’t save any presets! Volt keeps crashing when I do. Having the digital readout for the controls under the control, your finger covers the value. Any latched key/s graphic disappears when you move the octave slider to another octave and back. You can’t tell what note/s are latched. Shelving Volt until the preset saving issue is fixed.
I saw a pre-release video so it was just a matter of having patience waiting to get it. lol This is going to be fun. The thick, toothy rolling layered sound I can get out of Volt is pretty crazy❣️
Developer Response ,
I'm afraid that's a rather embarrassing bug as this non working/app crashing save button is a left over from an older version of the preset manager which should have been removed completely. So instead of using the "Save" button you would save a preset by tapping the "+" button located on the upper right.
I realize that's not obvious at all and apologise for any frustration this may have caused. The good news however is that the issue is fixed in the upcoming update which has been submitted already and should be available shortly.
This synth is fantastic. Beautiful GUI, great sound. I have an over all questions that applies to so many iPad apps, why is there black borders around the software app? I have the new iPad Pro with the great screen that goes practically all the way to the edge yet then your app and many others don’t take advantage of that extra screen space? There is a black border around the app’s GUI.... Why is that?
Head spinning goodness.
I needed another synth about as much as I need fifteen more holes in my head and dismissed this one for a while. Finally giving in to temptation...I got no sleep last night...this thing sounds so good, is so easy to use, and sounds so good...oh I already said that. See what sleep deprivation will do?
I'm sure to find a knock or two eventually...just can't keep my eyes open at the momen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.