Volvo On Call
By Volvo Car Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The official Volvo On Call app allows you to access your vehicle from your iPhone. This requires a vehicle from model year 2012 (North America requires model year 2015.5) that is equipped with a Volvo on Call Telematics unit. If your vehicle fulfills these requirements you will, depending on your model, be able to:
• Check vehicle dashboard status, such as fuel or battery level, trip meters, and more.
• Control your fuel fired parking heater, if the vehicle is equipped with a fuel fired parking heater.
• Control your cabin climate, if the vehicle is a plug-in hybrid.
• Locate your vehicle on a map or use the vehicle signal horn and blink indicators.
• Check the current status of doors, windows and locks for your vehicle.
• Lock and unlock the vehicle remotely.
• Request roadside assistance from within the app.
• Edit your driving journal, categorize trips as business or private, merge trips, rename and send to an email contact.
• Analyze your trips route with map view and statistics such as fuel and/or battery consumption, as well as speed.
• Even though you do not currently own a Volvo fulfilling the Volvo On Call requirements above, you can still install the App and try the demo mode.
What's New in Version 4.2.1
This version contains bug fixes and stability improvements.
Thank you for using Volvo On Call!
If you encounter any issues please contact us at email@example.com
Constant error alerts when there are no errors
If you use remote start when you open your car the car turns off. This is a safety feature. I think it’s silly, but I’ve been told there’s no way to fix that. The troubling part is that this app interprets the engine shutting off as an error and it begins to bombard your iPhone and your Apple Watch with error messages saying that your Volvo could not be started. Well, of course that’s incorrect. The Volvo was started and deliberately stopped by the app. What’s worse, the driver has now been distracted by a series of three text messages that Volvo feels like it has to send. Sometimes they don’t come in for several minutes. I’m driving down the road and my phone starts going crazy with error messages.
This is awful. The fact that this application is as old as it is and this has not yet been fixed is really troubling! I see that Volvo updates this app frequently with bug fixes it… Why not this one? If you’re only gonna fix one bug, this is it!
And stop sending me text messages while I drive.
If this gets fixed I will change the review to five stars.
Works great as expected
I have been using this app for a while now and it works great as expected. Remote Start, lock/unlock, Send destination to car and driving journals are best features.
For a very expensive service, On Call should have a better app. Wish they had a feature to notify user when their hybrid car is fully charged. Other features need tweaking but when improved, this app will really be worth having.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 19, 2017
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 144 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Volvo Car Corporation
- © 2014 Volvo Car Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.