Volvo On Call
By Volvo Car Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official Volvo On Call app allows you to access your vehicle from your iPhone. This requires a vehicle from model year 2012 (North America requires model year 2015.5) that is equipped with a Volvo on Call Telematics unit. If your vehicle fulfills these requirements you will, depending on your model, be able to:
• Check vehicle dashboard status, such as fuel or battery level, trip meters, and more.
• Control your fuel fired parking heater, if the vehicle is equipped with a fuel fired parking heater.
• Control your cabin climate, if the vehicle is a plug-in hybrid.
• Locate your vehicle on a map or use the vehicle signal horn and blink indicators.
• Check the current status of doors, windows and locks for your vehicle.
• Lock and unlock the vehicle remotely.
• Request roadside assistance from within the app.
• Edit your driving journal, categorize trips as business or private, merge trips, rename and send to an email contact.
• Analyze your trips route with map view and statistics such as fuel and/or battery consumption, as well as speed.
• Even though you do not currently own a Volvo fulfilling the Volvo On Call requirements above, you can still install the App and try the demo mode.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
• Minor bugfixes and improvements
New in 3.5:
• New: Multiple vehicles - Use multiple Volvo vehicles with one account
• New: Flic - Interact with your Volvo using a Flic bluetooth button
• Contains a handful of fixes and improvements
Neat interface, good functionalities, but reliability needs work
I'm mostly satisfied with the current Volvo On Call service. Written correspondence regarding the service are responded very quickly, and the reliability of features has improved somewhat.
Remote start still fails about 1 out of 5 times. It would report that the car has been started but when I arrive (without touching door handles), there is no engine sound. When I look at the app, it still says Running.
Send destination always takes more than 30 seconds, and fails in about 1 in 10 times. The progress bar would get stuck. I might as well use Google Maps on my phone for navigation if it takes so long and doesn't always work.
Car locator feature needs overhaul. Currently the car only sends location when you start and stop the car. There is no way for the owners to actively check for car's location. When your car is towed or being transported to another location, there is no way for you to know because it still reports that the car is in its original location. The mechanism needs to be changed to allow polling for it to be more useful.
Also, the current temperature shown in the app doesn't seem to be from any sensors on your car. It's probably fetched from a weather service based on the last known location of your car.
Oh yes, did I mention that subscription costs a lot? Not worth it. In the app's current state, I will not renew any further.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 27, 2016
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 39.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Volvo Car Corporation
- © 2014 Volvo Car Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.