By Coppertino Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
It just sounds better! The beauty is in its simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful music player with a ton of features & support for all audio formats you should ever need.
VOX was originally developed following the principles of clarity, simplicity and versatility. Thus, the minimalistic interface incorporates both essential and unique features, which let you:
Listen to your music regardless of the format:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless audio formats;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives.
Rule your music with ease:
• Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls;
• Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and LastFM databases;
• Use keyboard media keys, headphones buttons and Apple Remote to control playback (requires VOX Preference Pane);
• Easily add music via smart drop zones, ordinary open dialog and Finder context menu;
• Use equalizer with presets & custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format;
• Preview album artwork from your Dock icon;
• Gapless playback support;
• Get system or Growl playback notifications.
Focus on music, not the source:
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlist, iTunes Library, online Radio & even more in the future;
• Keep your listening statistics up-to-date with your LastFM account by means of LastFM scribbling.
Full SoundCloud integration:
• Easily control SoundCloud from inside VOX.
• Access the largest database of the world’s music & discover new sound.
• Bring your SoundCloud stream and likes directly into VOX.
Get more out of your technical equipment:
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Pause playback automatically on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen from any of your wireless output devices.
Equip yourself with all of the audiophile tools. Thanks VOX!
What's New in Version 2.4.1
- fixed bug with SoundCloud music source;
- small bug fixes and stability improvements.
Great app with a couple minor flaws.
FIrst, the good. I really love the minimalistic interface. It’s like, crazy pretty. And it’s super snappy because of its small memory footprint. And oh my god, the equalizer is incredible. I’ve had problems with iTunes’ equalizer clipping the music if I put the bass sliders up too high, but Vox’s EQ is crystal clear. It’s like seriously amazing.
Good things aside for a second, there’s a couple little niggling things that I don’t really like. For one, I can’t start shuffle of my entire library by starting one song in particular, like I could with iTunes. If I want to listen to a particular song, I need to either find it in the queue, or play it directly from the album, which only plays that album. Also, my computer’s media keys don’t work right away - you have to download a pref pane for them to start working. It’s really easy to do, but a really minor annoyance.
All things aside, this app is incredible, and I love the clarity of the sound (seriously, it’s like listening through a brand new pair of studio headphones), but the organization of music files leaves a lot to be desired.
FIRST WRITTEN REVIEW EVER
I have never written a review for a product—ever. Regardless of the medium. But I had to go on the record to say this app is the BEST app for listening to music on my mac EVER. I have fiddled with iTunes for god knows how long and have constantly hated how it has evolved over the years. In opening and using this app once, I was able to figure out how it works, how to load music into it, and also tweak the equalizer with absolute ease. It’s minimalistic, intuitive, and the quality of listening to FLAC audio is unmatched. This is what iTunes SHOULD BE.
It also has an amazing feature to link up to your soundcloud account and it can also load your iTunes library. And it was a SNAP. A few clicks and done! I haven’t felt this charmed by the ease of use since I first switched to the Mac platform. Great app..five stars.
Sounds awesome, love Audio Units & device management
I fell in love with this player. Apart from design, I like the way it sounds and handles Hi-Res audio. It can play every audio file I have without conversion.
The signal path is minimum, no "enhancers" behind the scenes, untill You specifically enable one.
Equalizer now sounds more natural and efficient than in legacy versions. New EQ presets are audiophile - wise.
It easily handles multiple external audio devices and sound cards (connecting/disconnecting, e t.c)
Now when Audio Units support is added, it became my player for pro audio uses.
All of my whishes that I expressed to developers are accounted for and sorted out in upcoming app versions. Support is incredible, and developers respond very kindly and positively.
Awaiting for full Pro Tools HD support!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 07, 2015
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Languages: English, Russian, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Coppertino Inc.
- © Coppertino Inc. 2014
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases