By Coppertino Inc
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
It just sounds better! The beauty is in its simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful music player with a ton of features & support for all audio formats you should ever need.
*NEW* Introducing Loop for VOX™. Your personal Music storage with infinite free space, unlimited offline cache. Sync, stream and cache your entire music library between Mac and iPhone in full quality.
VOX was originally developed following the principles of clarity, simplicity and versatility. Thus, the minimalistic interface incorporates both essential and unique features, which let you:
Listen to your music regardless of the format:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless audio formats;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives.
Rule your music with ease:
• Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls;
• Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and LastFM databases;
• Use keyboard media keys, headphones buttons and Apple Remote to control playback (requires VOX Preference Pane);
• Easily add music via smart drop zones, ordinary open dialog and Finder context menu;
• Use equalizer with presets & custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format;
• Preview album artwork from your Dock icon;
• Gapless playback support;
• Get system or Growl playback notifications.
Focus on music, not the source:
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlist, iTunes Library, online Radio & even more in the future;
• Keep your listening statistics up-to-date with your LastFM account by means of LastFM scribbling.
Full SoundCloud integration:
• Easily control SoundCloud from inside VOX.
• Access the largest database of the world’s music & discover new sound.
• Bring your SoundCloud stream and likes directly into VOX.
Get more out of your technical equipment:
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Pause playback automatically on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen from any of your wireless output devices.
Equip yourself with all of the audiophile tools. Thanks VOX!
Loop for VOX™ is available via auto-renewing subscription:
- $4.99 per month;
- $49.99 per year.
Your credit card will be charged through your iTunes Account after confirmation of the purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase is made. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
LOOP for VOX terms and conditions: http://coppertino.com/terms
What's New in Version 2.5.1
- added Watch Folder functionality for Loop;
- improved download/upload state indication for Loop;
- accessibility improvements;
- fixed possible bugs with uploading files to Loop;
- fixed various issues with iTunes Library parsing and SoundCloud search;
- fixed bugs with player state restoration.
One last remaining feature...
I’m not sure why there is such reticence towards adding the sort by track number feature to this application but it’s been almost 5 years now and still no progress. Even in it’s last iteration, the developer refused to add the choice of sorting by track and it continues to be a pain when listening to albums that need to be listened to in order (e.g. EDM, Live Concerts, etc). This program would just about be perfect if not for this glaring issue. There have been three 4 complete OS overhauls in the Apple world and this dev team can’t add one request..? This is the one feature that keeps me from switching from Enqueue (which, by the way is a great alternative if you don’t need all the extra ‘glitz’ that Vox continues to add).
It’s just a personal pet peeve, I know - but that’s why I give it a 3 star rating.
Sounds awesome, love Audio Units & device management
Loop is a good idea. Recent release just solved many problems.
I fell in love with this player. Apart from design, I like the way it sounds and handles Hi-Res audio. It can play every audio file I have without conversion.
The signal path is minimum, no "enhancers" behind the scenes, untill You specifically enable one.
Equalizer now sounds more natural and efficient than in legacy versions. New EQ presets are audiophile - wise.
It easily handles multiple external audio devices and sound cards (connecting/disconnecting, e t.c)
Now when Audio Units support is added, it became my player for pro audio uses.
All of my whishes that I expressed to developers were accounted for and sorted out in upcoming app versions. Support is incredible, and developers respond very kindly and positively.
Awaiting for full Pro Tools HD support!
Tbh I downloaded this app because I wanted a more stylish-looking music player lol. But I ended up loving how easy and convenient it is to use. Simply drag and drop your music in, which I also like because you have a playlist of the music you’re feelin’ atm all right there. Perfect for working on my laptop. I also love how it syncs to Soundcloud. As for the reason I downloaded it, the aestethics of it just make it delicious to use.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 29, 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 29.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Coppertino Inc
- © Coppertino Inc. 2012-2015
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$4.99
- LOOP for VOX Subscription$49.99