By vTime Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
vTime is the world's first sociable network in virtual reality. Completely cross platform, vTime is now available for iPhone in early access.
Our VR social network allows you to meet with friends, family, and other users, from wherever they are in the world, to chat in incredible virtual destinations. All you'll need is your phone, a VR headset, and earbuds with a built-in microphone.
• Be sociable, together: vTime allows you to socialize and chat with family and friends in virtual reality from wherever you are in the world.
• Make it personal: Personalize your vTime avatar with millions of bespoke facial combinations to choose from, then choose an outfit to complete your look.
• Choose your destination: Relax and chat with friends in any one of our 20 beautifully realized environments, with new and seasonal environments launching throughout the year.
• Express yourself with vMote gestures - our suite of 17 virtual emojis for you to use in-session, including wave, blow kiss, and celebrate!
• Keep your friends close: Build and manage friends lists to easily connect, and see when your VR social circle is online.
• Stay in touch with ‘vText’: Private message vTime friends whether they’re online or offline.
• Immersive audio: Full 3D spatial audio creates a sense of “being there”. If you’re using ear buds, make sure they’re in the correct ear!
• Add interests and spoken languages to your public profile, making it even easier to find compatible users to chat with.
•Take a vSelfie: What goes on in our VR social network doesn't have to stay there! Take vSelfies of yourself and your friends and share your vTime experiences! (vSelfies are saved to your account area of www.vTime.net)
• No technical ability required: vTime is easy to use. Simply fire up the app, slot your phone into your VR headset, and vTime! All VR menus are gaze driven - just stare at a menu bubble to select.
• vTime without a headset with Magic Window: And you don’t even need a VR headset - just choose ‘Magic Window’ and then vTime straight from your phone screen - handy for quick sessions when you don’t have your VR headset with you.
• Low bandwidth: Connect over 3G, 4G, cellular, or WI-FI.
How to vTime
- Download the vTime app - it’s FREE!! (And free to use!)
- Plug your earphones/ mic in and fire up vTime
- Select either ‘Magic Window’ to vTime from your phone’s screen or choose ‘iPhone’ and when the split screen comes up, place your phone in your VR headset.
- If it’s your first time then follow the instructions to set up an account - you’ll need to authorize your device through an email we’ll send you.
- Drop back in and off you go!
- Join existing sessions or invite others to join you as the host from the connections screen (just stare at their avatar pictures).
- If you like them, invite them to be your friend!
- Keep ‘Random Match’ on for a while to make yourself visible to existing vTime users (you can turn it off in the list view of the connections screen and just vTime with friends when you’re ready)
- In a session, you’ll see a crown over the host’s head. The host controls where you go in vTime.
- You can visit our website http://www.vTime.net anytime. Login and manage your account from there - plus, that’s where you’ll find any vSelfies you’ve taken
But, most of all, dive in and enjoy! We’ve tried to make vTime as simple, intuitive and immersive as possible.
We really want and value your feedback! Help us make vTime the sociable network you want - let us know what you think of our network on http://www.vtime.net or email feedback@vTime.net and follow us at @vTimeNet and facebook.com/vTimeNet.
What's New in Version 2.9.2
- vMotes: Add an extra level of social connectivity with our suite of virtual emojis - accessible through the touchpad. Use in conversation to convey excitement, fun, and surprise through new gestures.
- Mini-Menu: Get quick access to user actions such as ‘Add Friend’ and ‘vText’.
- Optional destinations: All destinations are now available on-demand without having to download them to your phone, meaning vTime can take up much less space on your device. We’ll hold the recently used destinations on your phone for instant loading, or permanently download as many destinations as you’d like to use vTime as normal.
- Background downloads: Continue to use vTime whenever extra data downloads.
- User bio added to in-app profile
- Add a vText to a friend request
- Bug fixes and optimizations
Closest thing to Oculus for iPhone!
Believe it or not, I use this on my little 5s taped to a Gear VR headset, and it still rocks! I don't know how they did it, but this makes all other iOS VR apps look like 80's Pac Man!
Now you don't have to invest $1,500 - $2,000 in a Vive or Oculus bundle to get a taste of convincing VR.
If, like me, you are not really into Social apps, you can just switch off the chat options and experience the VR worlds alone. But, somehow, vTime seems a more interesting and relaxed way to meet new (and international) people.
The biggest secret is you absolutely MUST get a decent viewer with good, wide FOV to really feel you're "in the scene." Otherwise, you just feel like you are peeking thru a keyhole in cheaper viewers with lower magnification, and it won't feel convincing enough.
The nuanced lighting and rendering of vTime environments seems to make you forget about the lower-Rez "screen door" effect of using a smaller phone. This is MAGIC!
PS: I messaged the VTime site about a glitch in their update's avatar editor for iphone, and it was fixed within days in a follow up update. Outstanding.
Wasn't able to download it at first
When I first heard about this app I thought it was super cool and a good way to meet new people if your just bored and have nothing to do this is the app for you! When I first tried installing the app it kept saying unable to download so I kept trying to downlaod it over and over but it worked so that was my only problem 👍🏻
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 12, 2017
- Version: 2.9.2
- Size: 272 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: vTime Limited
- © vTime Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.