Meet, chat, and share your photos with real people from around the world in vTime XR - the first cross-reality (XR) social network.
Hang out with friends in augmented reality, virtual reality, or without a headset in Magic Window mode - the choice is yours. Join a community that spans seven platforms, over 190 countries, and now three realities!
• Be sociable, together: vTime allows you to meet friends and new people in AR or VR, from wherever you are in the world.
• Make it personal: Create your vTime avatar, with hundreds of customization options to make a realistic virtual you.
• Choose your reality: Choose from AR (powered by ARKit), VR, or Magic Window mode (which allows you to vTime without a headset).
• Pick your destination: Join friends in our frequently changing library of incredible virtual environments.
• Upload your photos and 360 images to share with friends: Share 2D photos, or chat inside your memories in the 360 Gallery.
• Express yourself with vMote gestures: Our suite of 17 virtual emojis includes wave, blow kiss, and celebrate!
• Keep your friends close: Build and manage friends lists to easily connect and see when your VR social circle is online.
• Stay in touch with ‘vText’: Private message vTime friends whether they’re online or offline.
• Feel like you're really there: Experience lifelike 360 sound with DTS:X® Game Audio
•Take a vSelfie: What goes on in our VR social network doesn't have to stay there! Capture the moment with a virtual selfie.
• Completely cross platform: Available on seven platforms from mobile to PC
• No technical ability required: vTime is easy to use. Simply fire up the app, choose your reality, and go!
• Connect over 3G, 4G, cellular, or WI-FI.
Visit our website http://www.vTime.net anytime to log in and manage your account. Let us know what you think of our network by emailing feedback@vTime.net. Follow us at @vTimeNet and facebook.com/vTimeNet.
*AR MODE IS POWERED BY ARKIT AND ONLY AVAILABLE FOR iPHONES 6S AND ABOVE RUNNING iOS 11 AND ABOVE.
*ALL USERS WILL REQUIRE WIRED EARBUDS OR HEADPHONES TO USE vTIME. ALL COMPATIBLE PHONES COME WITH A SET OF EARBUDS PERFECT FOR vTIMING. BLUETOOTH HEADSETS ARE NOT SUPPORTED AT THIS TIME.
Say ‘hello’ to a whole new reality… vTime has evolved into vTime XR – the world’s first cross-reality (XR) social experience!
• Choose your reality: Hang out with friends in augmented reality, virtual reality, or without a headset in Magic Window mode - the choice is yours.
• Introducing AR Mode*: Powered by ARKit, vTime XR now lets you meet with friends in augmented reality destinations. Simply find a flat surface, place your vTime destination, and invite or join friends. Pinch to change the scale, and use two finger swipe to rotate.
• Fixes an issue in which some users experienced an empty Connections screen
• Solves a repeating permissions issue
• Improved Boardroom audio
*Please note: AR Mode is powered by ARKit, and only available for iPhones 6s and above running iOS 11 and above.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but
I understand that there is an age limit but a lot of kids would like to use it. I understand why there is but I have it and I am 11. This is a good app for people old. I feel sad every time I use it because people are like,”It is a kid I have to kick you.”I feel like even with a 12 year old. They still want to. I get so lucky when I find a group of people of adults that don’t act different then they do like curse and stuff when it is a kid. I am not a baby. The last person I talked to was like Oh it is a kid I don’t want to talk to you. ‘‘Tis is why I wrote this review. It makes me feel younger than I am. It makes me sad. Every time I join someone I get sad and say just kick me and they say ya you’re a stupid little kid. Like the app. Don’t like the people.
Developer Response ,
Hello GreenBeanManz! Happy to hear that you love the app, but unfortunately you’re too young to vTime at the moment. Our age restriction is there to protect the community. We hope you understand and that you’ll join vTime again as soon as you’re old enough.
Closest thing to Oculus for iPhone!
Believe it or not, I use this on my little 5s taped to a Gear VR headset, and it still rocks! I don't know how they did it, but this makes all other iOS VR apps look like 80's Pac Man!
Now you don't have to invest $1,500 - $2,000 in a Vive or Oculus bundle to get a taste of convincing VR.
If, like me, you are not really into Social apps, you can just switch off the chat options and experience the VR worlds alone. But, somehow, vTime seems a more interesting and relaxed way to meet new (and international) people.
The biggest secret is you absolutely MUST get a decent viewer with good, wide FOV to really feel you're "in the scene." Otherwise, you just feel like you are peeking thru a keyhole in cheaper viewers with lower magnification, and it won't feel convincing enough.
The nuanced lighting and rendering of vTime environments seems to make you forget about the lower-Rez "screen door" effect of using a smaller phone. This is MAGIC!
PS: I messaged the VTime site about a glitch in their update's avatar editor for iphone, and it was fixed within days in a follow up update. Outstanding.
This may be the best VR app for mobile
This app doesn’t feel like an iPhone game it feels like a social app for oculus or rift. This is by far the best iPhone vr game I have EVER played, you can talk to friends, hang out in different areas, and even share your photos! I love just hopping in and playing with my friends even if they don’t have a cardboard. To sum it up, get this app.
- vTime Limited
- 472.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © vTime Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.