War of the Zombie is a zombie outbreak strategy simulation combining turn-based and real-time gameplay across the entire world.
"Addictive, deep, and surprisingly involving" - pocketgamer.co.uk
"A juicy display of a game" - toucharcade.com
"The most over-the-top aircraft carrier" - kotaku.com
"It has a 'one more turn' compulsiveness about it" - pockettactics.com
"Frisse wind in het zombiegenre" - 9lives.be
"Extremely promising" - apperama.com
"Een ton aan diepgang en toffe gameplay" - ipdblogs.nl
WAR OF THE ZOMBIE:
As Global Operations Director of Safe Industries, take charge of its Ark Carrier and recruit marines & other personnel, purchase real-life military equipment, research advanced technologies, build forward operating bases, move across the world within range of real-time missions, nuke, scavenge, infect, bribe, fortify and defend against the world's country governments in an attempt to save humanity from the zombie pandemic and resulting chaos.
MAIN GAMEPLAY FEATURES:
- Choose, equip and drop a team of 4 marines & vehicles into real-time combat
- Survive, die or turn undead in zombie-infested, fully destructible mission zones
- Enter, drive and fire from Humvees, BMPs, MRAPs, Mobile Gun Systems and Tanks
- Pinch zoom in/out of mission zones as well as your global tactical map
- Decide where to station your marines and how they develop as they increase rank & experience
- Recruit & train marines, advisors, researchers, diplomats and doctors to aid in your quest
- Research & Develop advanced technologies to aid in your missions success
- Bribe, infect, scavenge, nuke, airstrike 200 country governments around the globe
- Build up arsenals of real military weapons on your double-hulled command carrier
- Build specialised labs to complete R&D and fabricate technology surplus to sell
- Build up to 4 Forward Operating Bases at any one time to extend your mission deployment
- Explore & scavenge procedurally generated underground bases
- Stock up on Doré bars to purchase contraband from the blackmarket network
- Find unique nano-tech items and store them in your Ark's vault
- Tailor the gameplay to suit your playing style and device with numerous options
- Change in-game text to English or auto-translated Russian, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese
BECOME A FAN:
We listen to all feedback and suggestions on new map & mission types as well as additional features.
Become a fan of War of the Zombie by liking our facebook.com/warofthezombie fan page and drop us a note on things you want to see in the next updates, comment on the game or post your best action screen caps and get your face in the game as a marine recruit!
Additional fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
A brilliant game
Back to the days of well made strategy games that aren't just clones of Clash of Clans, crappy copies of tower defense games, or more ported nonsense from triple A publishers. This game challenges and immerses you in a field of mindless hordes of the undead and does its best to hold your hand, but doesn't carry you either. A game that sets you up as an international mercenary/humanitarian organization which gets funding from selling equipment to governments, rescuing VIPs, taking down terrorist and rebel groups, and clearing our zombie infested cities. This developer clearly knows his stuff, and outside of minor grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, as well as glitches with newer features, this game shines like a diamond in the rough. I hope to see much more progress with this masterpiece. It's well worth the price, the only thing I would advise is using an iPad rather than a phone, as precision and the large screen is much more helpful than anything else.
This game is amazing. I can’t believe it was buried so far down on the strategy game list. It’s a great mix of tactical modern day combat, turn based strategy and critical thinking needed. I’m in love with this game. Best $3 I’ve spent on a mobile game.
Very good game.
Nothing more to say, game is great. The developer really seems to care about it as they are still updating the game.
It’s a steal for 2.99. I’d also like to recommend Strain Tactics if you enjoy this game.
- Jacques Deul
- 103.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2013-2019 Van der Veer Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.