Watchdog for Xcode
By Cerebral Gardens
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
If you're a developer using Xcode®, you need Watchdog.
Watchdog monitors Xcode and automatically cleans up stale cache files that prevent you from getting a good build. It will save you hours of aggravation dealing with a number of problems you might see including:
• Old images that you've replaced, still showing up in your app.
• The DerivedData folder growing continuously over time, often taking up 10+ gigabytes of space.
• Constants/Defines not updating in the app after you've changed them in the code.
• Localization file changes not being seen.
• Phantom breakpoints and/or breakpoints stopping on the wrong line.
• Xcode refusing to run a build on your device, only reporting something obscure like: "Error launching remote program: No such file or directory"
You will often clean build, quit Xcode, restart your Mac and devices and sometimes even blow away your entire repo and re-clone, just to try and fix some strange bug that doesn't make sense and won't go away - wasting precious hours.
Don’t waste any more time. Install Watchdog.
Xcode is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
What's New in Version 1.7
* New Preferences UI
* Option to hide the menu bar icon
* Global hot keys to clean, view preferences, hide/unhide the menu bar icon
* Added some advanced options (see http://WatchdogForXcode.com/faq/ )
Keeps things running smooth
Great App that keeps deriveddata under control!
Not much to say, it’s a nice small app that stops my projects using old assets and the like.
Much needed! Great!
Derived data was taking up over 10 gigs on my laptop! This recovered it!