At Wattpad, we’re connecting a global community through the power of the story. On Wattpad, you'll find all the stories to keep you hooked! Discover stories and books created by writers around the world! Whatever you’re into—whether it’s romance, science fiction, mystery, comedy, action adventure, fantasy, young adult fiction, or fanfiction—you’ll find it all on Wattpad.
Save your favorite stories and take them with you wherever you go. Can’t put Wattpad down? Simply sync your account so you can easily pick up where you left off, whether you’re on your laptop, tablet, Kindle, or phone.
Join the community! Connect directly with writers and other readers and discuss the latest plot twists by leaving comments alongside the latest stories. React in real time as new chapters are added, share your favorite lines, or create beautiful visual quotes. Read together and share your library or create reading lists so your friends always know what you’re reading.
Got your own story to tell? Publish it on Wattpad and share it with our supportive community. Create a new draft, add chapters to an existing story, or add a cover, all from the app. You can even get creative with one of our monthly writing challenges. When inspiration strikes, you’ll have Wattpad right in your pocket.
Stories you’ll love.
Discover stories from well-known authors including Anna Todd, Scott Westerfeld, Tyler Oakley, Margaret Atwood, Paulo Coelho, RL Stine, Dan Brown, Christopher Pike, Pharrell, Zayn, Felicia Day, Jennifer Armentrout, Meg Cabot, Marissa Meyer, Gena Showalter, Hugh Howey, Kevin J Anderson, and Maureen Johnson.
- Subscribe to Wattpad Premium for uninterrupted ads-free reading and first access to new features
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the cost of the chosen package
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- For full terms of service, visit https://www.wattpad.com/terms
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Already a Wattpad fan? Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to stay up-to-date on your favorite writers, stories, contests, and more!
- We’ve partnered with a new covers creation app, Desygner, so you can create fun, eye-catching covers that can be uploaded directly to your Wattpad story
- Readers in the US, Canada, the UK, the Philippines, and Mexico can support writers and unlock supported stories directly on Wattpad
- Wattpadders can purchase Coins and redeem to read Wattpad Next beta stories
The rain poured down like a watering can on the city. While Update shuffled to the kitchen to make coffee, I lay in bed cocooned in the sleepy warmth of the covers. Out the window the fog descended over the skyscrapers, erasing the tallest levels from view. With my eyes glued to the scene unraveling in front of me, Update walked in with two mugs.
“Earth to Notes,” he mused, wafting the scent of fresh coffee under my face.
“Sorry hun, I got swept away with the moody cityscape,” I explain, snapping myself back into reality. In a chuckle, I add, “It’s almost like it was built by design.”
“Or perhaps it was built by Desygner, a new cover creating app,” Update beamed. “It’s a more sophisticated app for writers to visualize and share their works. There are templates to suit any genre, tons of free images, and easy customization. This will take stories to the next level.”
I threw the covers off and sat up to grab the steaming mug. I took a long sip of the life-giving brew and asked Update the obvious question, “Can you share and upload straight to Wattpad?”
“Can you ever!” he exclaimed, almost making me choke on my coffee. “And not only that, but you can go back and edit it at any time. You can even use your own images,” he said, nodding at the window scene I was so enamored by, “so start writing that gritty city thriller, Notesy.”
“Oh Update, you know I’m not much of a wordsmith,” I blushed.
Update put his coffee cup down and turned to me, “Maybe not, but that face is worth a thousand words,” he whispered as he drew his arm up to my rosy cheek.
Ratings and Reviews
Discover a community of writers, and start writing your story.
(Another PLEASE FIX)
So someone here has said it already, but we’ve both been using Wattpad for three years. I honestly love the app and I’ve only used Wattpad for all of my writing and reading experiences, because it was so easy to do. Thanks for even making Wattpad to let others experience others writing styles and for fandoms being able to unite in one place. Wattpad has truly changed my life and I can’t imagine a world without it. Coming from someone who doesn’t have the best financial situations and can’t always have a internet connection, it’s a sad thing to say that I can’t even enjoy my own library full of books offline, without a join wattpad premium sign in my face. I’m okay with all of the ads and options to join Wattpad premium, yet when I want to go back and read my own book to see comments and access votes I can’t seem to do it now without a stable internet connection. I know that many people are happy with updates and such, but for some of us, it’s a devastation to not be able to do the things we were once able to do. I know Wattpad won’t go back to it’s originality and will only update more and more from here, but please, for all of your users who can’t join Wattpad premium...for all of your users who don’t have the best internet connections...please let us access our books offline without having to have a premium account. Thanks for reading.
I always look forward to going to wattpad every day to read and write. I currently have a book published and another one in the works. This app is great, except for one thing. I don’t know if it is a glitch or if it is supposed to happen, but everyone’s message board posts blow up my notifications. At first I didn’t mind it, thinking it was just a glitch and in the next few days it would be fixed and everything would go back to normal. But now, I think it’s been doing this for maybe a month (I actually don’t really know). All the message board notifications have been preventing me from seeing comments and votes on my actual story and updates from my favorite stories. This really bothers me. I put a new story out about three weeks ago, and it has a very low number of votes and comments compared to my other story. I honestly don’t know if it is all the message board notifications or if everybody is less active because school has started again. Even I have ignored all of my notifications some days because I didn’t want to go through the thousands of notifications just from people posting on their own message boards. So I’m wondering if other people are doing the same as me and ignoring it overall, leading them to not reading and commenting as they used to... I’m definitely not saying I’m thirsty for votes, but this even prevents me from reading. Thank you for reading, I hope it made sense...!
Discover a community of writers, and start writing your story.
- Wattpad Corp
- 134.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Wattpad Corp
- In-App Purchases
- One month of Wattpad Premium $5.99
- 66 Coins $2.99
- 230 Coins $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.