By Rocketcat LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Wayward Souls is an action-adventure game built for quick playthroughs and massive amounts of replay value. It was inspired by Spelunky, Secret of Mana, and our previous game, Mage Gauntlet.
Procedurally generated random levels mean that every time you play the game, it's a different experience. Control one of six characters, all with their own unique playstyles, abilities, and equipment. Explore and fight for survival, in combat where your tactics, positioning, and timing matter.
- Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
- Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
- 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
- Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
- Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
- No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
- Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on iOS, maybe anywhere.
Another update is being planned! Expect a new character to play as in 3rd quarter of 2016.
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
What's New in Version 1.32
Here's another content update! This one adds something for both our most skilled players, and something to help people that have gotten stuck. Paladin Update with save sharing/backup support is going to be the next big update, and that should come out at around the same time as the PC version of the game.
- New mode! Gauntlet Mode is a 6 floor dungeon that's designed to be quick to play, but extremely difficult.
- You can now unlock classes by finding chests in Mines/Tower/Catacombs, instead of having to beat each area. This is to help people that get stuck. The amount of chests required are 30/50/70.
- Pet added: Cave Crab.
- Pets have a 20% chance per floor, up from 15%.
- Rare pets have a 4% chance to be found, up from 2%.
- Bugfix for Rocketcat not attacking.
- Fix for text after beating Labyrinth.
- Rat Buffs: %5/10 lootfind upped to 10% and 15%.
- Slug nerfs: 10/15 +maxhealth lowered to 5 and 10.
- Slimespawn reduced to 5 maxhealth, buff duration stays the same.
- Chatterpile to +10 health instaed of +15.
- Silken Spider up to 7% lootdrop, runspeed is the same.
- Gnomey to 20% lootdrop, coindrop still at 25%.
- Cave Newt and Mine Bat to 3 +healthrecovery instead of 5.
- Fire Salamander and Duck to 6 +healthrecovery instead of 10.
- Spellsword weapon upgrades now properly have their charge attack phase through spells.
- Skull's fireball AOE subtracts an attack charge for every shot rather than every hit. This applies to other attack pets too.
Stay tuned for news on the Paladin update! Follow us at @rocketcatgames for frequent news.
I'm too addicted, send help!
I would have to say this is one of my favorite games I have ever purchased! The controls are so amazing, no other game of this kind (or any kind) has them! The controls are so great I love it so much! Okay enough about the controls from heaven, the storyline is amazing! Each character has their own reason for being in the
tower, and I love learning their own stories. The different play styles of each character is fun to master as well.
Now let me talk about the graphics and hats. The graphics are the best I have seen for this pixelated style of game. The colors and effects are totally amazing! The lighting is also quite awesome may I say. Now we move onto hats! I love them so much I can't even put it into words! It's funny that in this tower of ruin and death you find glorious hats along the way. Love it.
Everything about this game makes me come back again and again. The controls, graphics, storylines (yes plural!), the characters, THE HATS! All of it. Stop reading reviews and buy it. Yes it is expensive I suppose, but with all of the ever changing levels and super secrets throughout the levels it's worth every cent. (And don't forget about the hats!)
5/5 all day long.
If you're on the fence
Don't pick up this game. The controls are bad, I would give this game 3 stars if they weren't so worthless. I'm on an iPhone 6+ and most of the time you can't see anything on the screen due to the lighting and the fact that the UI and your thumbs cover 20% of the screen.
Even if you use a third party controller, the game itself is lackluster. The genre "roguelike" is often an excuse for lacking development, progression, and persistency. The game itself is gimmicky, but interesting nonetheless. Besides that, it's a grind with the bare minimum of character customization and strategy due to the RNG nature of maps, upgrades (which last an average of 30% of a scenario), and items.
This game is like trying to play Dark Souls 2 on keyboard and mouse. Also, many of the skills just don't work. Anyone who already has this game can test out the Rogue's kick upgrade or the Confusion on dash upgrade, they do nothing. Really disappointing that the game wasn't finished and lacks polish.
Great Dungeon Crawler
This game reminds me of the DBZ on the gameboy but in a dungeon setting. The controls are easy to use and you can switch to analog sticks or the pro swipe feature as the default. You start off with 3 classes in the beginning. These classes has different set of abilities that are unique from the others. You can even upgrade your abilities and the weapon itself. You can even progress further in the game to unlock three more classes. This has a great story and easy to follow. The dungeon has five floors you must clear to progress up the tower. Overall, this is well worth the price with the replay value. I'm hoping to see more content with future updates. I would gladly pay a little extra to get more classes in DLC.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 18, 2016
- Version: 1.32
- Size: 47.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rocketcat LLC
- © Rocketcat, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.