Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.11.0
Waze is LIFE!!!
I've been using Waze since 2012. I've consistently told everyone I know about this ap. Those that have tried it love it. I've shown my 60 some year old parents Waze. They love it! Not only that, they know how to use it!!!! I live in Northern Virginia and work in DC. I cannot survive without Waze. It has saved me hours upon hours of sitting behind an accident stuck. I use it on military installations if I can't find a certain building or where I need to be. It's accurate AF! My friends joke that I should be a Waze spokeswoman. Maybe I should cuz yinz have saved me thousands $$$$ in speeding tickets. I cannot love this app any more than I do. I NEVER use any other GPS. Haven't needed to use the factory installed Navigation system in my MDX in years. That's also saved me money because Acura wants to charge you 100 dollars annually to update your system. Blah! I consider driving a sport and believe myself to be a top athlete. I couldn't do it without Waze. You need this app. You're wasting time right now reading this and not downloading it. Get this app, learn how to use it properly and thank me later!!!!
A few Waze to go
Love the app , but noticed a few things that could be added , like having the ability to upload photos from phone library , ( that would help when phone is stuck and won't upload while your in location because of lack of wifi or whatever) ( it also doesn't keep what you put in so if it didn't confirm it it's not marked , and that's a waist of time and effort , also need to add in the quick options of "closed exit "or "closed entrance to highway " and an additional rout option if so , because people would get lost , ( like me) , also tried to update that a post office was closed and reopened in a new location , but I couldn't :( , another thing is that if I took a short cut home , I want ways to remember that rout and give me the option of going that way as well , over all the more people participate and upload the more it will evolve and become amazing , I'm trying to put in as much new places as I can have fun drive save , and please make these updates to make it an even more accurate app , xoxo
Replaces most GPS navigators.
I've been using Waze in the DFW area ever since it came. It's excellent for interactive reports like accidents, and objects in the road. ETA is always spot on, and adjusts itself as the traffic conditions adjust. No more guessing when you'll arrive at your destination. Only one minor complaint...it doesn't always differentiate if I divert myself from the highway to the access road. Waze will still show me on the highway unless the access road is more than about 100ft away. Also, a better lane selection could be shown when the highway forks, but Waze does state to stay right or left when voice is on. It is an outstanding app overall. Only one thing went away...the various map color choices are gone. There are only two now. One is too basic. The other has too much color. Give back the map color choices, please!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 25, 2016
- Version: 4.11.0
- Size: 75.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.