Waze - GPS, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.1.0
- Support for taxis! Define your vehicle type in Navigation settings to get routed on lanes designated for taxis
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Fixed a lot, broke some, a few just lame
I was getting pretty frustrated with the post acquisition Waze. Most of the infrastructure problems seem to have been resolved. Faster and more reliable in general. When I have posted errors I have received fairly quick responses and most problems were resolved. However on the first reply I wonder if they read the post or are just responding to a keyword scan with a scripted reply. Eventually it gets fixed. I like that the alternate routes show both HOV/FastTrack and non-HOV times. I hate beautification over function the low contrast fonts especially in night mode take my attention off the road. If I pinch to zoom the font should zoom until I release and should scale not shrink all the way back to the pre-zoom size. At least the addition of the drop shadow helped but I don't need color I need clarity! Making the zoom buttons a three step process is unnecessary tap to get BOTH +/- buttons not another tap to get the two. DISTRACTION! Don't send me across the country or around the world when I search for a business. This is a DRIVING app! And put the name of the business I select as well as the address in the destination map. You displayed both in the search results use both! I have other peeves but those are the big ones. For me still better than the other choices.
Waze makes it fun and simple and social to get from point A to B!
I downloaded Waze after one of my colleagues used it on a drive back from the Upper Peninsula to help cut off 30 min to an hour of traffic by taking back roads. I am not too frequent of a commuter and maybe drive on average 2.5 - 3.0 hours on a weekly basis; however even for a low commuter like me I could see the app paying dividends. Right away it began shaving time off of my commutes. I found myself becoming a more useful driver and tagging hazards such as road construction, cars pulled to the shoulder, ice, and a police car slowing traffic down near an accident. It has been highly satisfying to see people thumbs up my hazard reports and to see my little baby Waze profile grow into an adult Waze as I contribute to the driving community with reports. I love how even before I leave I get such a granular look at the speed of the roads near the parking structure and leading to the main highways. It has helped me become a better planner and commuter especially after I synced Waze to my Google Calendar! Thank you for making driving fun and simple and social Waze!
Waze TRUMPS ALL other navigations!!!
I have used many many different GPS apps, and Waze is the most accurate and I LOVE all the features on it, and how other Wazers report things, it's like all of us Wazers look out for each other by reporting a road closure, car accident, heavy traffic, car on side of road, red light camera, hidden or visible cops!!!! I will NEVER use another GPS or navigation system besides Waze!! And another feature that I also LOVE is how you can store addresses that you use frequently so u can just get the directions within one click, and also like "Maps thru IPhone" is NOTHING compared to Waze, at least Waze tells u ahead of time before u have to make a turn, where "Maps" wld tell u to turn as u were passing the street!!! I have told several friends and family members about Waze and since then, they ALL have switched and love Waze just as much as I do!!! Great job with making this app, and I NEVER had any glitches or anything go wrong with Waze!!! So if your looking for a top of the line navigation, then download Waze for FREE and you DEF won't regret it!!!!
- TaraLynn, Woodlyn, Pa
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 19, 2016
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 48.5 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.