Waze - GPS, Maps, Traffic Alerts & Live Navigation
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join 85 million drivers who save time & money with Waze navigation by avoiding traffic jams, police, accidents and construction for free. Use the #1 real-time GPS today!
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.25
Thanks for using Waze! You’re one of 80 million drivers outsmarting traffic every single day with real-time road information. Waze is constantly improving, so check out what's new this version:
- Waze Carpool is now live in all of Cali! Just pick up a fellow Wazer on your route and say “goodbye traffic, hello fast lane.”
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Hasn't gotten smarter, ads ruin experience
Don't get me wrong, I love Waze and it has saved me many times. But it has only gotten worse and worse over time.
It makes me take crazy detours filled with side streets, turns, lights and crosswalks just to save under 1-2 minutes of time... not worth it. You should be able to compare routes ans choose the one you want to take. It also can't consistently recognize where you can U-turn especially when you accidentally head the wrong direction, instead forcing you to "go around" and drive a lot more than you need to. The ads are extremely annoying and damages the user experience as a distraction. Pretty sure most people don't care for the ads. Finally, the app often takes forever to load and identify my location and the route, especially when initially starting it up. And I never have that issue using Google Maps.
This has caused me to switch back to Google Maps often. Until Waze addresses these things, I'll continue to use Google Maps as my go to navigation app.
Awesome Map App!!
It's like Wikipedia for maps and driving! Very very helpful and easy to use and if you try it once you will never use another gps map app again!
In summary, it's an amazing app!! All users chip in and report traffic data in real time to Waze. So if someone sees a cop then they report they saw one via this reporting menu in the Waze app where you can report traffic, road hazards, cops, potholes, and more. When you report heavy traffic or a cop then this info gets shared with all other Wazers in real time helping drivers avoid police, traffic, bad road conditions and much more!
Waze makes using the app fun by having a point system that ranks all users. The more points you have the higher your rank. You start out as a baby wazer then become an adult then if your in the top percentages of users in your state you can become a prince, then knight, and if your in the top 1%, a king. Your character on the app wears a crown if your a king showing everyone that your royalty! You get a certain amount of points by just driving, reporting traffic or any other information, inputting businesses and updating gas prices. If your a king then your reports have more pull on the map then lower ranked wazers.
It's my go to map app and it's the best there is period!
Can't live without it
I rely on Waze often because I tend to get lost often so I like to always have it open and ready. I like how it will reroute me when traffic is bad or there is an accident or if I make a wrong turn. I like that I can store favorite addresses because I still forget how to get from and to places. I like that I can send a text to someone with my ETA and others with waze can know my route. I like that it accurately estimates my time of arrival on the bottom so I can call someone if I'm going to be late. I also like that I can talk on my Bluetooth while driving but my Waze doesn't turn off, it's still routing me in the back ground. I like how the screen is displayed- easy to look at while you're driving. I highly recommend this app!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 4.25
- Size: 97.4 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.