Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.8.0
Bugs and stability fixes
This is THE BEST app u could ever have!
I live in the environs of Washington DC. I would not dream of going any place w/o Waze!
If you live in an area that has a lot of traffic you need this app. It is a whole lot better than looking at traffic cameras
(Which don't always work) Why? Because you get a GLOBAL VIEW of a locale, and all the other Waizers show up like little cars on top of which shows a little bubble with how fast they are travelling, so right away you can calibrate this way, or better yet go that way! Also, you can see if there are speed traps, speed cameras, accidents, etc. There is even a talking GPS map which learns YOUR WAY of getting somewhere, a major point that
Garmin doesn't get. One other thing, they have a listing of all the gas prices as reported by am other Waizers. So the more Waizers we are the better. It will be the best $1 you will ever spend.
Too late NOW?!
I like the ability to choose a voice I might prefer, but why does it say, "turn left" without an ability to do so? It's already too late. Then I do a U turn, go where it said, then I have to pull over to wait for it to catch up. Nine times out out 9.5, I just call and ask directions while I'm sitting there waiting for my directions. The interactive portion of this app is priceless for sudden "hazard in road" stuff, but I can't participate in helping anyone else, I can't see the screen AND drive. How does ANYONE drive while reporting a trash can in the fast lane of the highway? I would be dead if I EVER tried to operate WAZE to warn others!
I finally got "uh oh" and it quit working - period.
I'm deleting and reinstalling to see if that helps. Otherwise I'm deleting and using something without the handy "hazard" warnings from other motorists. Thank you ALL, sorry I can't help you back or I'd be roadkill.
Best Navigation Hands Down
Waze helps me save time. Period. I trust the routes, even though sometimes I have a hard time believing I'll save time, I do save time.
The ability to do hands free entering of hazards is not only convenient but safe.
The multiple options are intelligent (some fun I guess - like celebrity voices), one of my favorites is to be able to adjust the Waze volume to your liking to work well with other listening sources like music or podcasts.
I've put in suggestions like splitting up the confirmation icons to avoid pressing the wrong one. It seems the development team is pretty responsive to suggestions.
Waze is in my top 10 of my apps. I really appreciate Waze.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 22, 2016
- Version: 4.8.0
- Size: 54.3 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.