Waze - GPS Navigation, Maps & Social Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 4.9.0
* In countries where average speed camera zones are enforced, Waze now helps you drive safely within the speed limit and avoid speeding tickets. Get alerts where average speed cameras are located and track your progress as you drive through.
* Bugs and stability fixes
My husband and I are authors and travel a lot for book and family events. My niece turned us on the Waze (which we were told is pronounced like ways in highways not wazzee) we love this app and use it when ever we are on the road! Even if the police car isn't right where they say it is (and usually it is!) you know to be cautious! Plus it lists many Dunkin Donuts! You can use it as a gps for traveling but we usually don't as we have one built into our car, but do use it to guide us to restaurants or pit stops when we don't want to change the gps program in our car. Can't say enough good except plug in your phone to the charger and remember to turn it off when you stop or you will drain your battery fast! It is constantly using location detection. You get points when you alert other drivers to issues on the road like police, construction, car on side of road etc. they give a cool name which you can change and you can pick your icon or mood for the day! So much fun. You can beep to say hi to friends when they are driving even if it is in another town! Love saying hi to my niece with a beep beep. Don't drive without it! And don't text and drive!
Great concept, buggy
I love the idea and like the app. So far on our road trip I've had to restart the app 2+ times due to it freezing up.
I wish you could use voice search or to add comments. The app needs to add the ability to change a status. When you come across a crash some people may status it as police ahead when its actually a crash. Some people may say police ahead when actually they are with a disabled car, when the police leave the status is incorrect it's just a disabled car. I want the location of crashes to be precise or be updated to the exact location. This matters as to alternative routes are dependent to the crash location. I also want the app to give me multiple alternative directions around a crash. The app is only as good as information put into it. If we have the ability to update the information the info would improve. I want lots of info when I come to a slow down; Like when it was first reported, ems on scene, vehicles blocking the roadway, police on scene, scene about to be cleared. Adding more info could make the app better.
I also want to see alerts on my route better. I want to plan ahead for potential traffic issues. Make the buttons a little more user friendly and easier to make updates.
Was awesome until now
I used to choose Waze over Apple Maps at any chance given but now it's just as problematic. Living in Houston we have toll roads - sometimes I want to take them, sometimes I don't. Instead of a user having to go deep in the settings to turn the toll road usage off it should be an option to turn it off/on as I'm looking at the overview at the beginning of a trip. Currently, I have to manually turn it back on each time I would like to use the toll roads. Secondly, I would love if there was an option for me to input a different starting point than the one I'm specifically located in at that moment. I don't always need directions from my location but from other places I might frequent. Lastly, I don't know if it's because my side of town has huge amounts of highway construction going on but the actual gps spotting is wacky as I'm driving and that is most annoying. It'll be navigating me on streets I'm not even on but are nearby. I haven't changed any settings on my phone so idk what the problem is. Please fix this! Can't use the app if it can't even tell me where I am. And please fix the lagging while directions are loading!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 14, 2016
- Version: 4.9.0
- Size: 54.8 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.