Waze Social GPS, Maps & Traffic
By Waze Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Waze is the world's largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join drivers in your area who share real-time traffic & road info to save time, gas money, and improve daily commuting for all.
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version 3.9.4
• Experience an overall faster Waze: smoother navigation, quicker route selection, and improved re-routing.
• New traffic bar! Know how long you'll be in a jam, tracking progress as you go.
• Learn which route Waze is taking with ‘Let’s go via’ voice instruction.
• Get a confirmation when sending your ETA: those receiving can instantly reply 'Got it, thanks’.
• Improved support for U-turns
• General bug fixes
Good droning app, but doesn't respect your privacy
I found Waze to be accurate and full of information that was useful to the driver, but I have noticed that they make it difficult to remain private, and that they are gradually removing privacy functionality over time.
There are many reasons to be private on the road, you may have concerns for safety, or concerns that locations that you work at, visit, etc. might be revealed. This app doesn't respect those concerns: private driving cannot be made a default, the application reverts back to visible for each new drive, you can't report road hazards in private driving (this used to be possible, but has been recently changed).
There is no support for this app except forums, and frankly, forums are no help if you have a problem with your account. I am on my second account; when my phone was upgraded, the account would not switch to the new phone no matter what I did.
If none of the above is of a concern to you, then you'll find this app to be superior to other alternatives, so they've done a good job; if privacy is a concern for you or technical assistance then this app may not be for you.
Okay, but forgets sound settings
It's a pretty good app. I don't use it for navigation - it's a lot more convenient to use the GPS built in to my vehicle. I mainly use Waze to get alerts about slow traffic, accidents, police, etc.
The main problem with Waze is that it often forgets the sound settings. I want the sound turned OFF most of the time but once or twice a week Waze will turn the sound back on without me touching any of the settings. It's very annoying to have to fix the sound settings while driving to keep it from interrupting the radio with alerts. As a fellow app developer, saving settings is a VERY basic operation. It's surprising this feature wasn't tested more. I would have reported this to Waze directly but their support web site has no mechanism for reporting problems.
To those of you complaining about navigation wackiness, Waze does NOT have the resources to do their own navigation - they use an outside service for that - so technically it's not their fault if the directions are a little strange.
I **LOVE** my Waze!!
Can't say enough about it. I have it open whether I need the NAV feature or not. It's awesome with the NAV guidance--has me pinned to within 50 FT every time. I like being able to know where roadblocks, hazards, police traps and wrecks are before I get there. One other thing that's great--if you put your destination in--and you have to turn off to avoid a wreck or blockage, WAZE will automatically just guide you back to the main road or NAV you's with another route. It's automatic...most other data-based NAV's don't do that! I also like that I can make the audio a male or female voice--OR turn it totally off if I want. Like the icons for moods/faces--and being able to connect with friends going where ever is great too. The arrival time is always almost exact! I wish they had a way to update the police sightings a bit more accurately--but I'm keeping my Waze open for now! You guys did a GREAT job with this one!! 👍👍👍👍👍
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 01, 2015
- Version: 3.9.4
- Size: 59.7 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.