Waze Navigation & Live Traffic
By Waze Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Avoid traffic jams, police traps, and accidents with Waze, the #1 real-time navigation app. Get the fastest routes to your favorite locations and new destinations, all for free.
Waze is a community of 85 million drivers. Here’s why:
- Automatically reroute around traffic as conditions change on the road
- Get police & speed camera alerts while you drive
- Hear road directions by celebrity voices or the average Joe
- Record your own custom voice directions to guide you on the road
- Know how long your drive will take before you start driving
- Find gas stations and the cheapest gas prices on your drive
- Earn points and gain status as you contribute with road info
- Low data usage from your phone
- Waze works anywhere in the world
For drivers who really don’t like to waste time or money:
- Get notified when it’s time to leave for your destination by setting your drive in advance
- Let Waze tell you when it’s time to leave for your events by syncing your calendar with Waze
- Save time looking for parking with Waze parking suggestions by your destination
- Choose to be routed on toll roads or to avoid them
- Get a sound alert if you exceed the speed limit with the speedometer
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
What's New in Version iOS 4.29
Thanks for using Waze! With every drive, you’re joining 90 million Wazers who save time by taking the fastest route. Here is what’s new:
- Flat tire? Request roadside help so Wazers around you can stop and lend a hand
- Find out if a business is open or closed before you start driving
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Vacation Travel SOS
Due to a Cat 5 Hurricane Irma and Cat 4 Jose which caused destruction and total havoc in the Caribbean our well-planned trip to Grenada (a year in the making) was cancelled after 3 hrs. of wishful thinking and 2 wks. of monitoring NOAA and the weather channel several times a day. With our flight cancelled and at JFK hrs from home we decided to just turn in our tickets for an impromptu trip to San Francisco which was on our bucket list. We flew in without any preparation more than finding a last minute deal on a downtown hotel for 2 nites. We rented a car once we spent a couple of days in San Francisco. If not for my WAZ app we would not have been able to do half of what we did! It got us to our 2nd location a rental outside of San Francisco and on time! It took us to Big Sur via Rte 1, all around Napa Valley, and adventures that took us to views of the Golden Gate Bridge that only locals get to see. With the app we were able to find our way to impromptu routes that took us 2500 ft to an observation tower that blew our minds. The app regularly saved us from excruciating California traffic jams by re-routing us and is amazingly good at time estimations. We are most appreciative for this app. Thank you for helping us explore gorgeous Northern California.
Needs fav buttons
I agree with Bb2132, this app is fantastic but the amount of buttons it takes to report something could cause a crash! I recognize that, as drivers you don't want us to be doing the reporting but hey, that is what this app is about--drivers helping drivers. My most frequent report is for cops. On this one (and I think on most reports) you can tee it up to report "later" or "now" and the icon of the cop will appear on the left of the screen if you choose to report it "later". So I will tee up the "cop" report and select "report later". Then when I see a cop I just tap the icon and it reports it. Unfortunately, I then have to tee up my next one, which again takes my eyes off the road. Giving the driver the ability to have two to three preset icons that appear off to the side of the screen (that are personalized to them) AND are continually available (even after it is used to send a report) would be very helpful. Other than that, we love this app!
I gave this 4 stars only because of how many times you have to press something to report it. I quick button or favorite would be great. Example: I live in a very rural area. I use this to mark deer on the roads for my coworkers that are behind me. I have to press 5 buttons in order to mark them. It's a dark and winding road with lots of deer so this is dangerous or it takes a while for me to get it marked. A quick button on the map screen for animals on the road would be fantastic. When I see a deer, I can just press that button and boom, it's done. Of course this could be a customization for people and maybe have a couple spots for quick buttons. That's just one that I use very often (10 to 15 times in 25 miles). I know others have their most frequent buttons they use. Two or three buttons across the bottom or left side would not hurt anything. You can even make them smaller like the size of the compass.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 10, 2017
- Version: iOS 4.29
- Size: 104 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: waze
- © Waze Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.