WD My Cloud
By Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The newly redesigned My Cloud app makes sharing a lot easier. With the introduction of private sharing, you have total control over the sharing experience. The new Auto Backup feature helps preserve the memories on your mobile device. The My Cloud app also integrates with other cloud services, providing a centralized location for all your content.
My Cloud… Save everything. Access anywhere.
Supported cloud services:
· Google Drive
This app works with all WD cloud storage products as well as My Passport Wireless.
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/WesternDigital
Follow us on Twitter: @WesternDigital
Follow us on Instagram: westerndigital
What's New in Version 4.4.6
- Bug Fixes
I paid for the wifi networking solution feature of this hard drive. I wanted a personal cloud for myself to keep my data secured. But sadly this complex device is hardly a solution. It gets confusing connecting over local network and using the Internet to connect to it. And I totally have no idea if it does indeed back up all my videos and photos even after setting it up to do so. The nasty part is the way this machine files your data by default. The photos and videos that have been uploaded to the cloud are extremely scattered and disorganized. I would've just been satisfied with a normal connected hard drive. Lesson learned. This machine's wireless connection capability is a joke. What should've been a device to help manage data organization all the more made my life cluttered.
Follow the instructions setting up the drive and you'll love this app!
7/9/16 update... New interface makes it easier to get up and running with a new drive but makes it a bit more complicated to access and copy between remote drives that are not in your local network or I'd give it 5 stars! Still a great product at a great price point, especially for home users!
Previous review... I've been using this app for a few years now. Early versions were a bit inconsistent but now I actually depend on it. It's fast, reliable and the best app of it's kind. Great job WD!
Not bad, could be better
The device itself isn't bad. Will have to occasionally reboot it if power failed for the home.
The app/ software needs some help and I recommend the following:
1. Finger printer scan to log in for password on IOS device (no need to type in a pin).
2. Be able to sort files and pics by dates (oldest to new or newest to old). Different filter options for sorting.
3. Thumbnail support for pics. Some pics will show the thumbnail, others won't (even if pics are the same formate).
4. Pics can be viewed on IOS device from app, but not on HTML link through device in some cases (can pin point error).
5. The ability to preview files and or pics without having to download them.
6. Be able to download files directly to IOS device from myCloud.
7. Be able to share pic or files through message or email without sending as a link.
8. Error reporting from myCloud to IOS device (notification of some sort).
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 05, 2016
- Version: 4.4.6
- Size: 45.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
- © 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.