Weather Up is your window into current weather conditions. See layers of weather info right on the map, with forecast data available at a glance. The list lets you quickly check the weather in all your favorite locations.
All the weather info you need:
• Event Forecasts let you keep tabs on the weather for upcoming calendar events
• Hourly and 10-day forecast
• Weather map with radar, clouds, and lots more
• Beautiful, easy to understand icons for all weather conditions
• Notification Center widgets to quickly check the weather
Weather Up doesn’t overload you with info or waste space. It shows you everything you want to know and gets out of the way, so you will be prepared, whatever the weather.
Designed to be simple, powerful, and beautiful:
• See current conditions in all saved locations at once
• Switch locations in two taps
• Share the forecast and map easily
• Choose icon styles that make the app your own
Information about Weather Up Pro subscriptions:
- Monthly and Yearly subscriptions are available.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
- Bug fixes and additional enhancements
Weather Atlas is now Weather Up! Much of the app has been re-written and we've added a few exciting new features, new weather icons, and even a new store to buy Weather Up merchandise.
• Event Forecasts
• International support
• Brand new weather icons
• Much improved card-based UI
• Merchandise store with support for Apple Pay
• Dates added to Hourly and 10 Day forecasts
• Improved map loading times
• Too many bug fixes and additional enhancements to list
If you like Weather Up, please take a moment to leave a review, it really helps! (And please update your review if you’ve already left one) Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://help.contrast.co for help.
Ratings and Reviews
Super hyped about the possibilities of this app. I paid for the ad free version so I could see my appointments and the weather together. Needless to say I have yet to see one local appointment synced with my iPhone Calendar. I wasted my money and $10 for an app is ridiculous. I’m very let down
Doesn’t sell my data; great layout
One of the few, if any, apps using location that doesn’t see your data.
Works well for me.
Nice update with support for events
Update II: Very nice update with support for ‘events’. This version is very performance with buttery silk scrolling and animations on my new XS Max. I highly recommend giving Weather Up a look, and I look forward to seeing it improve in the coming months.
Still hoping they decide to invest in a more accurate source for weather data. I’ve never heard of the one they use (which has now been removed from the Contrast website).
Update: I decided to subscribe for a few months to see how well the app is supported and to get a chance to experience the app sans ads. I’ve never heard of the weather source that Weather Atlas uses. In my experience, it’s not even close to accurate. I’m not sure why they didn’t invest in a more premium provider such as Dark Sky. WA very seldom receives updates, and this dev shop has a history of dropping support for apps, after a short period of time.
On my iPhone X, the ads really clutter up the UI and make it impossible to fully evaluate this app objectively. They are such an eyesore.
Hello Weather and Carrot Weather are both far better apps that also receive regular updates and feature upgrades.
Update: When this app was initially released, I was reticent to download it bc I remember this same dev shop abandoning a previous weather app only 12-18 months after release. My skepticism was well founded, as it took 4 months for them to respond to my feedback. Furthermore, this app hasn’t been updated in over 7 months.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the confusion about the Events feature. The app will use the location data that's saved in the calendar and load the forecast for that specific location. You just need to make sure that each event has location data associated with it. Sometimes if an address is entered using another calendar app the location is saved as text, not as location data. To check whether it's location data or just text, open an event in the iOS calendar app and check to see if there's a map at the bottom of the event. If there's not, tap the Edit button, tap into the location field, then search for the proper location for the event.
As with any weather data source, our provider is great in some areas, worse in other areas. Because of that, the ultimate solution is to offer multiple data sources so each user can select the one that's most accurate in their area. And that's exactly what we're working on for 2019 (along with lots of other great features).
Hope this update earned the app an additional couple stars? 😉 And we'd love to know what else it would take to make it a 5-star app for you. If you'd like to chat more or have additional feedback please get in touch: email@example.com
- Contrast Apps LLC
- 137.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Contrast
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Pro Subscription $9.99
- Monthly Pro Subscription $1.99
- Annual Pro Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.