The Weather Channel - local forecasts, radar maps, storm tracking, and rain alerts
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make confident decisions based on the most accurate, precise forecast available. Favorite app features:
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Forecasts: Hourly, 15-day and weekend forecasts.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” weather, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar.
PRECISE PUSH ALERTS
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with National Weather Service notifications of severe weather.
• Lightning Alerts: Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning strikes near you.
• Rain Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with these real-time alerts for your precise GPS location.
It’s easy and free! Unlock these alerts by going to your in-app settings and selecting sign-up.
DEEP DIVE INTO YOUR WEATHER
• Morning Show: Watch “The Lift,” a 6-minute show that’s exclusive to your app. Join Al Roker, Domenica Davis, and Ari Sarsalari as they cover breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m.
• Social Weather: Take pictures and share the amazing weather you experience, plus report it directly to us. Your reports help others track approaching weather.
• Seasonal Tools: Our pollen counts and ski data help you keep your plans in harmony with the day’s weather.
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Hurricane Central: Track tropical storms and hurricanes, get the latest breaking news and public advisories, read safety tips, and more!
• Apple “Quick Actions:” On 3D touch supported devices (iPhone 6s and iPhone6+), press deeply on The Weather Channel App icon from your home screen, and you’ll see a fun surprise!
Session M: Like earning free stuff? Us too! That's why we integrated Session M. To activate your account and start earning cool prizes, click the gift box icon at the top of our App. If you’re not interested, you can disable this feature in the app menu.
Many of your favorite features are also available on Apple Watch, including our precise rain and lightning alerts.
Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
Watch Complications: To activate the new watch face Complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
We love that our sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free but, for those of you who want an ad-free version, it is here! For a $3.99 in-app purchase, you get 1 year of The Weather Channel app without ads. Go to your settings menu to purchase.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
All the weather, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel. After all, #ItsAmazingOutThere
We love when you provide us with feedback. If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
What's New in Version 7.3
• Ski module: Know the perfect time to to hit the local slopes with our new ski module! It has snow accumulation forecasts, snow types, and more.
• Expanded severe coverage during breaking news events.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
NOTE to iPhone MAX users:
We’re actively working updating our iPhone MAX app. It’ll be ready soon, and if you email us at email@example.com, we can notify you the moment the new app is ready.
Awesome weather App
This weather app is without doubt my favorite weather by far. It gives all info you need hourly forecast & for each day & for days ahead the weather forecast are usually right on target with the actual weather outside. I really love the alert notifications I have turned on when it's going to rain or snow it will send a notification saying rain or snow or thunderstorm will effect your area in next 10 mins & tells you how light or heavy the the rain or snow will be & how long it should last. I also am very pleased with the live radar for current time & extended time it's usually right on I do think the extended radar does need little upgrade it will show you if it's going to rain or snow but does not show you the color differences of its heavy or light in the extended radar other then that it's my only complaint with this app. I depend on this app everyday & especially when I plan on driving long distances has helped me leave earlier or later to avoid bad weather or plan alternate route.
Great app, not customizable
I like this app a lot. Switched from weatherbug and didn't look back for the most part. Slick interface, plenty of features, and very quick. One thing I would like to see is customizable arrangement of the modules. I love the radar map, but to get to the radar module I have to swipe past a whole bunch of stuff that, while definitely pleasing to other people, isn't just my cup of tea. I'm not looking for a full widget-style interface overhaul, just the ability to change the order, maybe hide a section entirely.
Additionally, I agree with NY Andrew. The notification bar feature doesn't need a video link. It's meant to stand alone, not be a gateway to the app. But I guess notification bar views don't pull in ad revenue, do they?
Love Weather Channel, But . . .
I just upgraded the Weather Channel app; liked the old version better! My biggest complaint is when I view it on my iPad, it is only on portrait orientation; old version was landscape, & it was much easier to read & scroll through, especially the radar screen; it covered a lot more area. I'm going to research & see if I can change the orientation; otherwise, I see no difference in the 2 versions. One other bug I've seen, is each time I view radar, I have to change the layers I want to see; it doesn't save what I chose originally. This wasn't a problem with the old version. More ads on this version to scroll through. Still love the Weather Channel! I want to be a meteorologist when I grow up; I'm 67!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 29, 2016
- Version: 7.3
- Size: 95.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2015, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99