The Weather Channel: Forecast
By The Weather Channel Interactive
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this fall, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Learn what the forecast is, whether hourly, daily, weekly, weekend or 15-day.
• Cognitive Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Hurricane Central: Monitor tropical storms and hurricanes and get safety and preparedness tips. When a tropical storm or hurricane forms, track it and stay safe with Hurricane Central.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – the app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Get high-risk allergy alerts directly from the home screen, links to allergy insights, and a daily pollen outlook with our improved allergy tracker.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
What's New in Version 9.1.1
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Three Stars Deducted for Widget Issue
I love my iPhone TWC App, which is why I hate to deduct 3 stars, but I am and here's why. In the widget, there are 4 places we can click to get to the app: the Radar; Daily; and Hourly icon boxes and the temperature icon. The boxes are self explanatory and are awesome. I use them frequently. But when I click the temperature icon, it takes me to "Daily", which is redundant because "Daily" is already available in a standalone icon box. The one thing I have a need to do every single day (as I assume most folks do) is check the *current* conditions, aka the "Now" data for humidity; wind; UV index; and the "Feels Like" temperature. I wish I could click on the temperature icon and immediately see "Now" data instead of clicking it and having to navigate thru the "Daily" data to the main screen then scroll all the way down to "Now". Just seems silly to have two click areas to get "Daily" data when "Now" data is just as important. #rantover #firstworldproblem
Love it but.
Love the weather app but would be nice if when you are checking weather in your area and checking weather forecast we don't have to scroll past weather videos around the USA. Like to see my forecast 1st . Don't really care what's going on in Texas or Florida. That's what my news is for. All I care to see is what's going on at my home. Also when viewing radar it's showing a hour or more slow. When I want to view rain or storms in my area like to see it live.
Radar is fixed . Now when clicking on it it's at real time. But don't understand why earthquakes are on the weather channel. Still to many videos between my local forecast! Please give us a option to move tiles so our local forecast is on top.
Some Give and Take
The overall iOS app is top notch. The ability to buy an ad free version is great, and I love the fact that the newest version with iOS 11 no longer leaves the GPS services on all the time if you want to use alerts. It saves a lot of battery usage throughout the day. That said, the watch OS 4 update removed all but the complication for chance of precipitation. So if you have an Apple Watch, and you want to have the temperature on your watch face, you have to keep the stock Apple weather app also running in the background. That negates any battery savings, and is just ridiculous for the number one app in the App Store.
Add a complication for the temperature back into the mix and it will once again be a five star app.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 20, 2017
- Version: 9.1.1
- Size: 137 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2017, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99