The Weather Channel and weather.com - local forecasts, radar maps, and storm tracking
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make confident decisions based on the best, most accurate, most precise forecast available. Make your life, "Weather Precise." Favorite app features:
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly, 10-day and weekend forecasts.
• Current Conditions: Get “feels like” weather, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar.
PERSONALIZED PUSH ALERTS
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with National Weather Service notifications of severe weather.
• Breaking News Alerts: Keep informed with national weather news updates.
• Lightning Alerts: Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning strikes near you.
• Rain Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning rain reports for your favorite locations.
• Pollen Alerts: Know the pollen counts near you. We’ve got your back, if not the tissues.
It’s easy and free! Learn how to unlock these alerts in three steps by watching this tutorial: http://youtu.be/SYkqDGnx02E or go to your in-app settings and select sign-up.
DEEP DIVE INTO YOUR WEATHER
• Hurricane Central: Track tropical storms and hurricanes, get the latest breaking news and public advisories, read safety tips, and more!
• Social Weather: Take pictures and share the amazing weather you experience, plus report it directly to us. Your reports help others track approaching weather.
• Seasonal Tools: Our pollen counts and airport delays module help you keep your plans in harmony with the day’s weather.
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up-to-date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
Session M: Like earning free stuff? Us too! That's why we integrated Session M. To activate your account and start earning gift cards and other cool prizes, click the gift box icon at the top of our App. If you’re not interested, you can disable this feature in the app menu.
Apple Watch: Many of your favorite features are also available on Apple Watch.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
All the weather, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel. After all, #ItsAmazingOutThere
We love when you provide us with feedback. If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
When you see the world through weather, It's Amazing Out There.
What's New in Version 6.12
This update has several behind the scenes performance enhancements and bug fixes. If you notice any unusual behavior please contact us at feedback.weather.com.
• Redesigned to better help you get your weather at a glance.
• Know the chance of rain with our new Watch complication.
• New feature tells you when the sun will rise and set.
• Easier to use and navigate.
Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
Watch Complications: To activate the new watch face Complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
In contrast to some of my fellow reviewers, I like the app. I was born before the Internet. The Weather app is amazing - I can watch tornados passing by me just 4 blocks away & can see their direction. I can look over most of our beautiful but troubled planet and see the weather in 1,000 other places. And often the short vids are entertaining and sometimes informative. Most useful, I can check before I ride my motorcycle to learn if I should bring rain gear.
So to some fellow reviewers, don't be a tool. Get some perspective. Grow up. You apparently have no clue how good you kids have it. Be useful yourselves and learn programming or app creation so then you can make useful suggestions in more grown-up manner.
Back to Basics > Weather
I downloaded the new app since I was under the impression I had too but realized later perhaps it may have been optional. I haven't seen as many enhancements to the new app as I expected considering TWC could have just updated the old app vs. implying I needed to use data to download a brand new app. However, combined with Weather Underground overall it's still the absolute best weather coverage on earth...including the NWS.
I will say it is time for TWC to get back to "Weather"... I started watching The Weather Channel in the early 1980's and loved it! But now half the time I need to see a radar or see a map, I find "Fat Guys in the Woods" or someone digging on the side of a pile of rocks. Get back to the reason I pay for cable...the weather!
Excellent app for best weather alerts
I really like the new app. The weather app is constantly being updated, and is indeed the most accurate forecast we could have, living near the ocean, which is difficult to be accurate with ever changing conditions. I'm especially delighted to know of lightening strikes that this app provides the user with near alerts. Most people are unaware of the dangers of lightening strikes, and this is an important feature, with this app. Also, with all the rain that we had this summer, I am relieved to know how to prepare myself to go out into the elements, in such a way as to not ruin clothes or get caught up in flooding conditions. The app has greatly improved, in every way. Good job!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 25, 2015
- Version: 6.12
- Size: 78.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2015, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.