By Weather Underground, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 200,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 8
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 200,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
What's New in Version 5.9
Put down the crystal ball you found in your grandmother’s hope chest — we’ve got a better way to learn about the future. Smart Forecasts, meet people. People, meet Smart Forecasts.
- Smarts Forecasts combine multiple weather conditions to identify the best times for your activities.
- We’ve included presets for biking, sailing, gardening, landscape photography, and lots of others.
- Feeling eccentric? Must you walk your chameleon when the temperature and dewpoint are just right? Do you have extremely specific humidity requirements when tempering your chocolate? Curious about when you can varnish your yacht this week? Create your own custom Smart Forecast.
- Get out there and adventure!
Disappointed! No watchOS3 Update, Clunky and Inaccurate.
This is probably the most ridiculous update so far... I'm beginning to think this is not a real weather app. The weather is never accurate in my area or "personal weather station". The humidity reading is always at "0%". This app is a beautiful joke. The watchOS app is almost unusable. The compilation never updates, when you open watchOS app it rarely loads and if it does it takes a minute or more. You actually have to keep pressing the screen or the watch will sleep before the app loads. It's bad! I was drawn to this app because of the beautifully designed user interface. After a year of use and purchasing the upgrade I can say it is clunky, and inaccurate at best. It really is a beautiful disaster. I wish they would use "real weather" reporting as it would probably help with accuracy. This silly "personal weather station" reporting is just ridiculous. It's there way around not having to pay for API privileges/use from legitimate weather companies. I really can't believe this app got so many great reviews previously. Must have been first impression reviews vs long term use reviews. Not a fan anymore! Stick with the default iOS weather app. It's by far the best and accurate iOS watchOS combination.
Watch app still not working after IOS10 update
Loved this app before IOS 10. Is the only one that gives good rain info on the complication. After iOS10, crashes when you open the app on the watch after setting a location. Complication on watch never returns with any information either. Also please remove the "default" complication information. Presenting bad information is worse then no information.
Love this weather app!
I have at least 3 weather apps, but Weather underground is the one I rely on the most. It's always accurate, very user friendly and you can use it everywhere! I travel all over the world for work and have used it in over 10 countries with no issues! Get it, you won't be disappointed!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 26, 2016
- Version: 5.9
- Size: 81.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Weather Underground, LLC
- Copyright © 2011-2016 The Weather Channel LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- One year ad-free weather$1.99