WeatherBug Elite - Local Weather, Radar, Maps
By Earth Networks, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The ad-free version of the highly rated WeatherBug app. Get it today!
Download the most popular weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world! Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
It's easy to use and has 18 different weather maps including Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity. Join millions who rely on WeatherBug every day!
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: See Doppler radar across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® Radar: Get radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Spark Lightning Alerts: Your personal lightning detector, Spark gives you minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View current traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Apple Watch Support: Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how weather will impact your sports games, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Hurricane Center: Stay informed of all hurricane forecasts and changing conditions to protect you and your loved ones
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all National Weather Service watches and warnings
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine - WeatherBug!
What's New in Version 5.0.2
• Now supports iOS 10 on iPhones and iPads
• New 'Maps' tab gives you quick access to all the interactive weather maps
• Still the same great ad-free experience with all our best features
Still not good
I thought I'd try it again on my new iPhone. I had purchased the Elite, a lifetime payment of $9, a couple of years ago. It located a city several miles away while other weather apps found a site much closer. The app took up too much space so I deleted it.
Well I gave it another shot. I followed the directions to put it in my iCloud. It didn't transfer to the new phone, and when I attempted to contact support and send feedback four different times. Their response? None. No response. What terrible customer service. The other weather apps that I've used actually answer a customer back.
I kept at it trying to figure out why the app wouldn't transfer and it didn't show up on my list of apps but did show up when I synced my old phone. I located an area on my library in iTunes for hidden apps, and re activated it. Now I could download and view it. What a waste of time! The same old problem of location and stick with pictures and videos. While they may be interesting I don't want them on my phone.
I did gain one thing in the whole process though. I found my hidden apps section, and I got Weatherbug off my phone again.
There are much better weather apps that gives accurate data out there. What a waste of my time and money!
Excellent App - I've had no problems
After the latest update to make it compatible with the newest version of iOS, I've had no problems. The map now operates as it should, there is more information available on the "Now" page, and I'm not having any issues with annoying background colors. I think the issues you have are dependent upon which phone you have. Hopefully they'll eventually address all issues with the different phone models. My only annoyance is there is now an extra step when you want to add a location. When I choose a city, one location shows up, and I must touch the "i" circle to see the other available stations in that city - don't get the point of that.
Doesn't work in Alaska
I've used WeatherBug for years and have always enjoyed the app but several things don't work in Alaska. I just purchased the elite version thinking there was more functionality but it was a waste of money. In Alaska the lightning reporting feature (Spark) doesn't work. The observation section doesn't work. The UV, Pollen, and live cameras don't work. And several of the radar layers don't work. Also the only alerts I can get are watches and warnings. I cannot get special weather notices or advisories which are very important as they usually contain life threatening information when traveling in Alaska. I would also like to see the moon rise and set times as a nice feature. To really add pain to this purchase is that I get ALL of this information on the Free Weather Underground app. I just don't like the way they have it laid out.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 02, 2017
- Version: 5.0.2
- Size: 101 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.