WeatherBug Elite - Local Weather, Radar, Maps
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ad-free version of the highly rated WeatherBug app. Get it today!
Download the most popular weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world! Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
It's easy to use and has 18 different weather maps including Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity. Join millions who rely on WeatherBug every day!
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: See Doppler radar across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® Radar: Get radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Spark Lightning Alerts: Your personal lightning detector, Spark gives you minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View current traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Apple Watch Support: Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how weather will impact your sports games, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Hurricane Center: Stay informed of all hurricane forecasts and changing conditions to protect you and your loved ones
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all National Weather Service watches and warnings
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine - WeatherBug!
What's New in Version 5.0.2
• Now supports iOS 10 on iPhones and iPads
• New 'Maps' tab gives you quick access to all the interactive weather maps
• Still the same great ad-free experience with all our best features
Great weather summaries but harder to read now
I've used WeatherBug Elite for many years and much preferred the interface of it vs the newer WeatherBug app. While I was glad to see it's been updated, as I've been getting warnings about it being an old app that could slow down my phone, it is harder to see the information. (1) the darker background of the old version was better; (2) now more 'white' space on the 10-day tab so you see less days on the screen without scrolling; (3) most annoying is the huge space right below the current temperature!
Otherwise, I like we can reorganize the tiles. Why I still like the app: very pleased with the weather conditions info, forecast, weather alerts. What really appeals to me is that WeatherBug uses local weather stations-ours is at the elementary school a mile away.
Finally! WeatherBug Elite is back!
I have been a WeatherBug user for years and am so glad to see that they have finally updated the elite version. What an update!
The interface is much more user friendly! You can scroll down through the main page for a quick glance to all the features and have the ability to reorder those features to suit your viewing preferences. (In future updates, I hope they add the ability to add/delete features.) It's a quick touch to bring up the maps which are greatly improved and one of my personal favorites Spark... a must for living in lightning alley!
Guess who's back!
I didn't think any weather providers were going to offer elite, or pro, versions of weather apps anymore. Nice to see this one come back!
I haven't used WeatherBug for some time now, so I'll have to update this review after I get some more time with it. Initially though, the radar is very quick, and being able to rearrange all of the sections on the main page is great as well.
Overall this app has been great, but one thing I'd love to see is the tabs moved to the bottom of the screen.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 02, 2017
- Version: 5.0.2
- Size: 101 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.