WeatherBug - Weather Forecasts & Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**We heard you loud and clear -- the wind vane is back! And we've simplified the background images to more clearly show the weather conditions at-a-glance. Thanks for your feedback!**
The newly redesigned WeatherBug® app offers real-time, neighborhood-level weather forecasts from our own weather network (the largest in the world). Plus, get the fastest severe weather alerts and exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts that tell you exactly how far away lightning is to you.
And now, introducing the new WeatherBug Home Energy Meter – a beautiful, interactive way to see how much energy is being used to keep you comfortable. Slide the thermostat bar and see how you can make an impact - know your power!
Know Before™ with these awesome features:
• NEW WeatherBug Home Energy Meter – How hard will your home’s HVAC need to work to keep you comfortable? Find out with the Energy Meter – see the difference a few degrees higher or lower make! Just slide the bar to see projected monthly cost, energy use and carbon footprint!
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts – Weather happens. Depend on the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• Know Before Weather Alerts – Minutes matter. Get all National Weather Service warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations. Plus, exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition!
• Spark Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts!
• Enhanced Interactive Map – “See” the weather through multiple layers, like Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Avoid traffic headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions before you get jammed.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel this weekend’s BBQ? Our Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather conditions to advise you how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Weekend/Weekday Section – Get helpful at-a-glance summaries of weekday and weekend weather!
• Photos Section – View amazing photos from WeatherBug users! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery. You can even share your own photos right from your device. Share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users!
• Weather News – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest info on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Conditional Backgrounds – Quickly find out if the day will be clear, cloudy or rainy at a glance!
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
Earth Networks, Taking the Pulse of the Planet®!
What's New in Version 4.0.1
• Added wind vane on NOW screen
• Updated dynamic background images
• Several stability and performance enhancements
Finally, the perfect weather app
I honestly don’t understand why some reviews here are less than five stars, unless they’re simply perspective personal choices regarding the user interface of WeatherBug, or users don’t like ads in the free version. At least one other app has over 10K 5-star ratings and the app doesn’t even have weather radar. I have tried the top ten free and paid apps here and this (in my opinion) is by far the best. Yes, I paid to get rid of the ads, but that was simply a personal preference.
With WeatherBug it’s very easy to move between current conditions, details, hourly, and a 10-day forecast. The hourly forecast is the only one I’ve found that provides every possible aspect of hourly weather…temperature, cloud cover, rain, expected percentage of precipitation, humidity, “feels like temperature” (very important in the winter), wind, and dew point.
Lastly, the radar - as a boater and golfer this is very important to me (along with WeatherBug’s alerts). Many apps do not provide weather in motion, they simply depict a static view of where rain or storm cells are. WeatherBug has a great moving view of these things for users who need them.
WAS my Go-to weather app
Update: I used to love this app, but with every update I like it less and less. Please return to the large screen with current temp, weather conditions, forecast high and low and severe weather alerts in red. You've made the letters harder to see, and added a bunch of useless crap that's not even related to weather. Now I have to go searching to find out how warm it's gonna be today when it should be right there on the opening screen. The radar thumbnail is so tiny it may as well not be there. Boo. Who's brilliant idea was it to add a lightbulb icon and "energy forecast"? What, do you work for Barack Obama? Stupid. Bring back the app I loved and used for years, please!
Skip accuweather, with its superfluous interface, and stick with Weatherbug. Radar image (whichever variety you want) upon loading, view station camera shots, save multiple locations, find forecasts simply, easy on the eyes. But the radar option is what I use the most: Animation works great, loads fast, accurate. I looked at some others, deleted them and am staying with WB.
This app is an advertisement with some weather info
Years ago I got the free version of this app, The Paid version was to STOP THE ADVERTISEMENTS. So I PAID for the APP. They quickly forget their part of the deal. At first the ads were small and out of the way. NOW the ads are the app. You can not see the weather through the ads. I’m talking about multiple ads on the same screen at the same time. This program has turned into nothing but ONE BIG AD. It’s useless, and full of useless crap. If you want to see the radar you’d better hope that your not in on of the multiple “ad spaces” which takes up a large section of the screen. The photos they show of the app are misleading. I give this version five thumbs down. What really gets me is that with every version this app gets WORSE!!!!!! I Paid this company so that I wouldn’t get ads, but that wasn’t the case. Earth Network you breeched you contract, how do I get my refund!
I tried to contact the company to let them know that I purchased the Ad free version years ago, before the yearly “subscription” concept came out, but when I clicked on the button an add popped up. I couldn’t get past it. Stay clear of this app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 24, 2015
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 58.3 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99