WeatherBug - Local Weather, Radar, Maps, Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world! Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
It's easy to use and has 18 different weather maps including Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity. Join millions who rely on WeatherBug every day!
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: See Doppler radar across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® Radar: Get radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Spark Lightning Alerts: Your personal lightning detector, Spark gives you minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View current traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Apple Watch Support: Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how weather will impact your sports games, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Hurricane Center: Stay informed of all hurricane forecasts and changing conditions to protect you and your loved ones
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all NWS and NOAA watches and warnings
Check out WeatherBug's YouTube weather channel broadcast here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WeatherBugVideo
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine - WeatherBug!
What's New in Version 5.1.1
We regularly update our app to include the latest bug fixes and improve speed and reliability.
Get another weather app. See below..UPDATED..
Ruined app by placing constant video box playing adds in portion of the screen. A bit too much. Not needed. Other apps as good and don't pander to advertisers.
UPDATE.....thank you to the developers who have responded to user complaints and improved the recent addition of a perpetual ad on the screen blocking the view of information. While the ads remain in some views, they are less obtrusive, located in the bottom right of the screen, and no longer block weather information. With these changes, indicative of the developers attentiveness and concern for users, I can recommend the app for its many features and ongoing effort to make it the best weather app available.
Not accurate what so ever
This app used to be my go to for weather updates but since this summer I have personally been let down by its accuracy time after time. I manage a pool in the city and I rely heavily on the weather reports as whether or not we will be open or if we need to shut down the pool due to bad weather. Since the beginning of this summer I've had at least 4 different times where it was actively raining and yet the app showed it was a 0 percent chance for rain. One time is was storming badly and the app showed it as "overcast with 20 percent chance of rain" I also have had to cross reference this app with the default app on my phone and the weather channel app which both contradict the weather reports in this app. I will be using the weather channel app from now on because the only reliable report I can get on WeatherBug is from looking at the radar.
Great App Overall
I have to echo the annoyance about the pop-up ad that blocks the upper left screen on the iPad. This add renders the app pretty useless.
I've used Weatherbug since it first came out on desktops and have relied on it regularly. The addition of the lightning warning was a the single best new feature and the one I rely on the most when camping, hiking, boating, etc. I love the app and have recommended it extensively over the years.
I hope they'll remove that corner covering ad soon, as it really limits the ability to use the app!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 03, 2017
- Version: 5.1.1
- Size: 120 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Get Ad-Free Weather$2.99