WeatherBug - Local Weather, Radar, Maps, Alerts
By Earth Networks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the most popular free weather app powered by the largest professional weather network in the world! Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
It's easy to use and has 18 different weather maps including Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity. Join millions who rely on WeatherBug every day!
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: See Doppler radar across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® radar: Get radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 18 weather maps
• Spark Lightning Alerts: Your personal lightning detector, Spark gives you minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View current traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Apple Watch Support: Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how weather will impact your sports games, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Hurricane Center: Stay informed of all hurricane forecasts and changing conditions to protect you and your loved ones
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all National Weather Service watches and warnings
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine - WeatherBug!
What's New in Version 4.6.3
We bring updates to the App Store regularly so we can make WeatherBug even better for you! These updates include the latest bug fixes and improvements to speed and reliability. We'll make sure you know when new features become available.
Superior Weather App
With much more useful data than IOS built-in app or many other free weather sites, WeatherBug is a standout. As an avid boater my favorite is inclusion of Spark™ real time lightning display.
Re user interface, WB uses a multi-pane left swipe approach that let's one intuitively drill down (or 'drill across' as it were) from essential stats to 10 day weather outlook. By including expected features like multiple location pin drops, one can plan a multi day trip getting a glimpse of what the future weather will look like at each spot along the journey (up to 10 days out.) Ads are not as intrusive and disruptive as seen increasing these days, but can be eliminated via 5.95 in app purchase.
My only real wish, being somewhat of a weather nerd, would be NOAA type weather charts showing lows, highs and frontal boundaries, perhaps animated from recent past into 48 hr future (like commonly seen on cable's Weather Channel™.)
Other than that, everything one could want in a Weather app is right here in WeatherBug!
Comprehensive, not cumbersome
Nice arrangement of data. The "Now" section has temp, wind and the radar screen ready to view, and the lighting indicator is handy-I unplug my iPhone and charger if there is lightning within 5 miles, as strikes on power lines can cause voltage spikes that can shorten the life of electronic devices. The "Details" section lets me drill down for the finer nuances of the weather. The 10 day look gives a quick overview and with a tap gives me more info for a given day. There is a bit of customization, particularly in the "Now" section to let me choose the info that is of most importance.
I use this app often. My family lives so far away and the Weather Bug helps me stay up to date on the strange weather along the eastern seaboard during the more volatile times of the year. Planning my next day and what to wear is made easy because the app forecasts far enough out. With MN weather doing seesaws in March through May, I can't prepare to leave home without checking it app. Boots or sandals! It also looks very and it runs smoothly.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Mar 13, 2017
- Version: 4.6.3
- Size: 90.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Earth Networks, Inc.
- © Earth Networks, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Free Yearly$2.99