Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Quickly customize your webcam's settings while using FaceTime, Photo Booth or Skype on your Mac.
◼ Pick of the Week 2012-07-16 Episode | GFQ Network
◼ Show picks from Alex Lindsay in MacBreak Weekly 313 | TWiT.TV
◼ Webcam tip by Chris Marquardt - Tech Guy Labs Episode 914 | TWiT.TV
Webcam Settings allows you to adjust settings including the exposure time, contrast, saturation, and white balance temperature for your webcam, whether it’s a Built-in iSight, a more recent FaceTime/FaceTime HD Camera or an external USB webcam.
• True hardware level control of your webcam.
• View changes in Real-time to your video as you move sliders and change other settings.
• Fully plug-and-play; Webcam Settings, automatically recognizes your USB webcam when it’s connected to your Mac.
• Automatically identifies various settings that your webcam supports.
• Feel free to try any different settings as “Reset to Default” button brings back original settings from your camera.
• Works with almost every video or photo app such as Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie, Skype, iStopMotion, Wirecast, Sparkbooth, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Jabber, Flash based webcam app and many others.
Supported Settings (varies between cameras)
• Auto-Exposure Mode
• Exposure Time
• White Balance Temperature
• Power Line Frequency (anti-flicker)
• Backlight Composition
Advanced Settings (Only Microsoft LifeCam Studio, Cinema, Logitech HD Webcam C525, C615, C910 and C920 support Zoom, Pan and Tilt, please check our website for camera support.)
* Webcam Settings support UVC (USB Video Class) webcam only; FireWire camera such as external iSight is not supported.
* Your USB webcam must be working on your Mac properly (function normally with FaceTime, iChat/Messages, and Skype) before it can be used with Webcam Settings.
What's New in Version 2.3
• Add "Update Profile" button in "Profile Management" section.
• Fix an issue where multiple profiles with the same name may be listed in the menu.
I have a Late 2014 Macbook Pro 15” Retina with an Intel Core i7 2.8GHz Processor w/ Turboboost to 4.0GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB Solid State Drive, Dual Graphics Cards - Intel Iris Pro 1.5GB RAM & NVIDIA GeForce GT 750m 2GB RAM, and a Facetime HD Internal Camera.
This App works and does what is states it does. These adjustments should be part of the OS, but since they are not, this app is worth purchasing for $7.99. It will make your video calls etc… look much much better.
Gave it 4 Stars instead of 5 because I feel it needed more adjustments for my internal camera. Still, a very good rating and I would highly recommend this app.
Made my cheap webcam perform much better.
This software installs a menu in the upper right of the menu bar, allowing you to control your webcam’s hardware directly. For my Logitech camera from 2004, it allowed me to control all the picture settings (brightness, contrast, exposure, focus, color temperature, saturation, etc.). Now my useless webcam has new life. Dunno why the haters are hating, because it works fine for me, even on Yosemite.
Jury is out
I have a Logitech Orbit AF and it doesn't work with my MacBook. I installed this after seeing the screenshots with pan / tilt and reading other people's reviews claiming success with other Logitech cams. Alas, for me, I don't have the pan / tilt settings for some reason. This is annoying since the only way I can adjust the pan / tilt is to plug the cam into my Windows laptop, adjust the settings and then reattach to the MacBook. I barely use my Windows laptop so this is an annoying production to go through.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Feb 14, 2014
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 1.6 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Liang-Hsin Chen
- © 2013 Mactaris
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later