Weblock - proxy ad blocker
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
• #1 ad blocking solution for iOS
• Over 700 000 app downloads worldwide
• No in-app purchases, no subscription. Simple one time payment
• Top Utility ranked in all App Stores around the world
• Over 1000 carefully crafted filters
• Easy setup in under 1 minute with detailed tutorial
Weblock allows you to control how your device fetches online content. Easily manage PAC (Proxy Auto-Config) script and route different connections through different proxy servers. Weblock can make your device download ads (banners and popups), stats and user tracking, scripts or images through a proxy server you pick. It also allows you to use different proxy for specific websites, like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, social widgets from websites. You can even define your own content filters. With Weblock you can control proxy for basically any network resource! This way you can choose not to reveal your real IP to different services, limit advanced ad targeting and protect your privacy.
NOTICE: You're responsible for selecting a proxy server that allows you to download content you wish to download. We DO NOT provide a proxy service. Using a bad proxy server (like 184.108.40.206:53) might result in some resources being blocked. You can control your proxy settings selectively with Weblock. Contact our support if you need help choosing right proxy server or setting up Weblock.
Weblock will work on any Wi-Fi enabled iOS device, including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Due to system limitations, Weblock can work only while you are connected to Wi-Fi networks. Data plan connections (GPRS/Edge/3G/LTE) are currently not supported.
Here are some situations in which Weblock might come in handy:
• Fetch ads through a proxy server you choose. Protect your privacy and prevent ad servers from knowing your real IP address and tracking you.
• Disable majority of ads on websites you visit on your iOS device! Weblock supports all major web browsers: Safari, Chrome, Mercury and others (browsers redirecting web traffic through third party servers like Puffin Browser or Opera Mini may not be supported).
• Easily remove all native Facebook widgets and plugins (Like buttons, comments, etc.) on sites you visit - simply disable Facebook plugins in Weblock! Do the same for Twitter, Google+ and other social media.
• Block annoying Tapatalk popups, nagging you to download forum browsing app on every visit.
• Take control of someone else's device - you can preconfigure any iOS device to control it with your Weblock app. Block or redirect any content, any time, directly from your own device.
• Your predefined filters and custom rules can be synced between all your iOS devices using iCloud.
• If you wish to block something else, you can create your own rules and filters. You can block any URL (with regular expressions), domain or IP address. Don't know how? Let us know - we're here for you.
• You can also use Weblock's redirect feature to emulate '/etc/hosts' entries for HTTP and HTTPS traffic. This might be useful for web and app developers to pin domains to different IP addresses.
Find out more at https://www.weblockapp.com
••• IMPORTANT! •••
Need help setting up Weblock? Contact our support at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 5.1
We had to remove the possibility to block ads with a VPN profile.
Further Update: I finally stopped using Weblock, but didn't delete it. The reason was that it was working only intermittently and was buggy. Had to renew the proxy setting constantly and download new ad sources to block constantly, and only blocked some ads sometimes, and was no good at all on my phone when not connected to wifi. Started using it again with the vpn option. Wonderful again. Worked on all devices and worked well. Now they wanna take von away again. Aw hell no. Not updating. These are my devices and I paid for them. I should have some say in what I see and don't see on them and have the tools to do that. The barrage of ads I see in all media all day is simply overwhelming and I'd also lime to scroll without accidentally opening some ad placed where I can't avoid it and less than a centimeter from the last one.
Update: not working in iOS 8.2 with latest app update a/o 3/22. Ads all over the place. Emailed the publisher, sent in the info they asked for, no further response.
Works like a charm. Comparatively easy to set up. Finally, my screen and my device are my own again!
The current version doesn’t block ads. 😞
I’d been happy with Weblock for several years, and even more so when it began blocking ads using VPN. No more futzing with proxies! Yay! The latest version, which removed VPN support, isn’t blocking ads, however. I’m having to see them for the first time in years, and they interfere with my using my newsreader. I’m hoping this is fixed ASAPer than ASAP, and will change my review to reflect the fix when it’s implemented. In the meantime, Weblock isn’t doing anything for me, and I’m trés sad. 😰
Two other bugs:
Both the upper-left corner and the widget claim it’s not installed. When I tap “Settings,” it says it is.
(This is a long-standing bug I shoulda reported before now.) I whitelisted a domain and accidentally left the option to whitelist its subdomains off. I can’t turn it on to save my life. I keep trying, but the change isn’t saved. I even tried deleting that rule and re-adding it, this time with subdomains enabled, but it STILL shows as “No.” This is maddening! I hope it’s an easy fix. 🤞🏼
It Used to Work Over Data Connection
It used to work while on your data connection, without having to be connected to wifi, but after the recent update, it no longer works this way (see the app description), so you must be connected to wifi now for it to block ads. I think everyone should know this before they buy this app. I am really bothered by this change, as I cannot always be connected to wifi, nor is it convenient, and I'm very confused as to why it was changed.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 13, 2017
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 31.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Future Mind, Sp. z o.o.
- © 2012-2017 eLOT Sp. z o. o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.