Weerbericht is an iOS app targeted on the Netherlands, showing weather information --in Dutch-- from the Royal Dutch Meteorological Institute (KNMI).
De Weerbericht app fetches weather data directly from KNMI. This data is therefore always accurate and up-to-date. Measurements from over 50 weather stations in the Netherlands are used to determine the Dutch weather map.
What is the added value?
There are many weather apps in the App Store. Because the Weerbericht app downloads data directly from KNMI in the Netherlands, an honest and clear view of the Dutch weather is guaranteed.
KNMI provides written forecasts for today and for upcoming days, which are displayed in the app. Also, KNMI sets warnings and alarms for disruptive weather conditions in the Netherlands. The Weerbericht app is one of the few apps that sends you a notification when such a warning or alarm is present.
• Weather map for today with temperature, wind and precipitation.
• "Today" widget in the message center.
• Weather warnings and -alarms per province.
• Notifications when a warning or alarm is present in your province or the whole country.
• Detailed maps with wind, visibility and temperature at 50 locations.
• Animated rain- / precipitation radar.
• Animated satellite image (iPad only)
• Predictions for the next six days.
• Current and predicted UV-Index.
• Sharing the weather via e-mail, AirDrop and social media.
Apple Watch™ support
• The Weerbericht app supports Apple Watch with six-day predictions and current warnings for your province.
In the settins you can now select for which province you would like to receive weather warning notifications. You can select one province, of all of the Netherlands.
Besides that, several small changes were made:
• you'll now also receive a notification when the current warnings are over.
• you'll now also receive a notification when the current warning has changed.
• in the "Warnings" tab the warning text of KNMI is displayed
• small cosmetic changes (the map no longer jumps, hooray!)
• improved display on iPads without a home-button
• info and readme views are no longer garbled
• share -> save image is working again
Do you use this app a lot? Then I'd like to ask you to give a rating or write a review on the App Store. Some reviews are 10 years old (!) and no longer respresenting the current version.
Ratings and Reviews
Heel slecht sinds vernieuwde versie
Primaire probleem: heel erg langzaam. Laden van overzichtskaart duurt over wifi (op en iPhone 4) vaak rond 1 minuut. De vorige wat ruwere versie van de app was ook vrij langzaam maar niet zo extreem als de nieuwe. Ik heb de app een aantal maanden met plezier gebruikt: deed precies wat ik nodig had. Maar die nieuwe versie (die met al dat blauw en zogenaamd "mooier" design) is ronduit slecht. Ik ga hem nu verwijderen van m'n iPhone terwijl ik er geloof ik wel ooit voor betaald heb. Heel jammer!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.