By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.16.2
Your messages, photos, videos, voice messages, documents, and calls are now secured with end-to-end encryption, which means WhatsApp and third parties can't read or listen to them. Messages are automatically end-to-end encrypted: no turning on settings or setting up special secret chats to secure your messages. End-to-end encryption is available when you and the people you message are on the latest versions of WhatsApp. Learn more at https://www.whatsapp.com/security.
Great but stop auto media downloads
I've been using this app for several years. It is great for keeping in touch with groups of friends around the world, planning group trips or getting banter going among friends on a fantasy football league. My only complaint is that the default setting is to download all media (photos, videos etc) onto your phone. You can switch this off but it's annoying. I don't know anyone who wants this as the default and most people complain about this when they first download it. This setting should pop up when you first set up the app so you can choose your preference rather than have to dig through the settings. It isn't that easy to find if you're new to the app and some of my friends haven't realized you can turn it off which they get frustrated with. The only other complaint I hear is that it doesn't support GIFs. They show up as still rather than moving images. Otherwise it is a fantastic messaging app. I use it everyday. Keep up the good work!
Great App But One Problem
We all know WhatsApp is a good app, no doubt there. It seemed to have solidified its place as the best messaging app with its new update (end-to-end encryption). However, there is one problem I, along with many others, have been facing. Some messages don't go through and only receive one check mark, even though the previous messages, sent just a few seconds earlier, get two checks. As if that wasn't problem enough, some messages that get the two check marks, signifying that the message arrived to the person, don't actually get to them. You think your message with two check marks has gone through, but sometimes it doesn't, and the other person never gets a reply. Sometimes they go through after some time, sometimes they never do. Thanks, Facebook. We love the app you've ridden with flaws. Ye' should've stuck to farmer games on your website.
Love This App!
This is a user-friendly (idiot proof!) app for everyday use. I personally use it daily to communicate via with friends throughout Europe, Africa and at home in the US. And I also use the call option, which works very well in a Wi-Fi area, and pretty good otherwise. There is a slight delay on the receiver's end of a call, but otherwise it's top notch! It's not enough to complain about. I love the photo option, as do most of my friends! It's amazingly ease to send several photos at once & they come through very fast. I recommend this app to everyone, especially if you do business or have friends around the world!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 12, 2016
- Version: 2.16.2
- Size: 59.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2015 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.