By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.16.6
Reply to specific messages in any chat. Just tap and hold on any message and tap reply. You can even tap on the quoted part of the message to scroll up to the original message.
Please avoid! 👎👎👎👎👎
Bad bad bad. Not secure. Not private. Broken.
Get Signal from Open Whisper Systems or, Threema, or ChatSecure.
WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger, has failed almost EVERY criteria in a scathing new online privacy report. Which is owned by FaceBook and this Messenger is just as insecure.
People concerned about keeping their data private should DELETE WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, steer clear of Google and Microsoft services, a report by the Electronic Frontier Foundation has claimed.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation – dubbed EFF – ranked the biggest technology companies in the world, based on how transparent and protective they are of their users' data.
EFF has been running the report, which is called "Who Has Your Back?", This is the first time popular cross-platform messaged WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, has been included in the report.
FB Messenger was just as bad as WhatsApp in reviews, given that we get treated like garbage of no value. Sure Zuckerberg can buy the houses of all of his neighbors for his privacy, but what about the rest of us?
People, don't use this or WhatsApp until a real update that gives us all real security and privacy. Think about of it this way, would you be fine is anything and everything you've ever sent over FaceBook Messenger, or WhatsApp on the evening news for your family to see? Then don't use either app.
Get Threema, or Signal, or ChatSecure. Take your privacy and security seriously.
This is the best app for chatting and I love it but seriously, I want you to make an update where I can delete photos and videos from the group chat in media maybe by creating a trash can, this would be very useful a lot especially if they were taking a lot of storage or let's say space BECAUSE I HATE IT WHEN THIS APP KICKS ME OUT!! 😤😡oh And also... .....About the whole not enough storage thing is kinda annoying you know? Like the whole app doesn't let me in because of the storage??this has happened and it's still happening right now I've deleted many apps and photos and videos and many stupid unnecessary songs in my phone and still whenever I go in the app it freezes and it just kick me out like a ball please FIX THIS!😪 I have important people on my app so please help us😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭really you would help most of us who uses 16GB Iphone by fixing this problem. 🙏🏽
P.S fix an issue that whenever I record my voice I have to keep pressing the button and holding it's very tiring 😪
Still 5 stars!! But ya gotta fix this
Thanks for reading my issue😁
It requires few basic fixes
I used whatsapp iOS versions across upgrades and while it works well for regular messaging, I feel it should better take care of the following -
1. Upgrades - the app behaves badly over version or iOS version upgrades. It gets stuck in waiting state and you can't open or close the app. It's frustrating. The story continued from last 6-7 versions of the app
2. The message content takes a lot of space yet browsing through the older messages is slow and clunky.
3. The message forward option got worse with time - many people like me share and forward a lot of messages and the forward option now is hidden in the menu for some unknown reason. I feel no one really looks at the usage metrics to decide the simple UI.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 03, 2016
- Version: 2.16.6
- Size: 60.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2016 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.