By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages. First year FREE! ($0.99 USD/year after)
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.
* MULTIMEDIA: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
* GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts. Add or Remove group participants, change group subject and set a group icon.
* PERSONAL: Set a profile photo which will be shown to all your contacts
* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.
* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
* AND MUCH MORE: Share location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once, and much much more!
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/iphone
or follow us on twitter:
WhatsApp on iPhone works with virtually all carriers and networks but some carrier limitations may apply. If you are on an Apple unsupported wireless carrier, double check our FAQ for up to date information on our coverage.
NOTE: WhatsApp is a telephony application and as such iPod or iPad are NOT supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.12.5
• Per chat custom notification settings and mute
• You can now include videos in your chat backups in Settings > Chats and Calls > Chat Backup
• Mark chats as unread or read with a swipe to the right
• Better support for VoiceOver
• Directly share contacts from the Contacts app and locations from Apple Maps to WhatsApp
• Lower the data usage used during WhatsApp calls in Settings > Chats and Calls
• Earlier messages now load automatically as you scroll chats
• Improved design for cropping photos and videos
• Location messages now use a large map thumbnail
Always needs some fixing
First I'd like to point out that this application has helped reshaping communication across the world. So it's already amazing at what it does.
Now, about this new update, I liked the "mark unread" option. But what I didn't like that is it replaced the "swipe for gallery" trick. Can you guys find a way to integrate both or something? Now it's a pain to access the gallery. And since we're on this subject, could you guys please add a way to filter the files in the galleries by type? (Images, videos, etc)
Another thing, since the top of the chat is not fixed any more, a few options have disappeared, like the "Edit" option which lets you choose several messages to copy, forward, or delete. I know I can long press each message for those options and it lets me select more. But that is not present for the "copy" option. So currently there is no way to copy more than one message at a time.
Lastly, if there's any way possible to add a list of all the group chats, it would be great. (There's a workaround to see that, which is to go to your own name's chat and go to 'groups in common'). A simpler way would be a blessing!
To finish off, I would like to say thank you so much for all the effort you're putting into this app. It is truly remarkable!
nice toy but
I like the program I love the audio quality, Good choice of CODEC. Someone should have developed a universal messaging platform a long time ago. I do however have a quibble. My quibble is this. the double tap and hold should not be the only means of invoking the record function for voice messages. I raise this because I have mild CP which effects the legs and to a lesser extent the hands. this makes the double tap and hold action a challenge at best with the result being shorter than perhaps intended voice messages. One solution might be use of the proximity sensor to invoke the record function. This could and should be user definable. I would recommend the app but with a warning that those with dexterity issues may have difficulties with the double tap and hold function. Note to developers, use proximity if you can.
What i dont like.
I use whats all everyday and I enjoy using it. Its like instant message and i like that and especially like the fact there is a calling feature now. What i do not like is that when you turn off your last seen option it does not allow you to see others last seen. I feel as if I do not want people to see my last seen thats because i want my own privacy but now if others do not want me to see theres they should also turn it off it should not be automatically unacceptable to be just because i do not want people to see when i was online. One other improvement the company should make would be to make it accessible to edit the privacy per contact and not your entire contact list. Hope to see these improvements in the future!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Aug 05, 2015
- Version: 2.12.5
- Size: 46.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2015 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.