Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find out why the world is sleeping better with White Noise. Features ambient sounds of the environment to help you relax during the day and sleep great at night. Recommended by Dr. Oz as a miracle for better sleep!
Do you have trouble going to sleep? Are you traveling on a plane and need a quick power nap? Does your newborn baby wake up in the middle of the night? There are numerous benefits to using White Noise:
• Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
• Relaxes and reduces stress
• Pacifies fussy and crying babies
• Increases focus while enhancing privacy
• Soothes headaches and migraines
• Masks tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
Even when you’re asleep, your brain is constantly scanning and listening for sounds. If it’s too quiet, unwanted noises such as faucet drips or police sirens can interrupt your sleep. White Noise generates sounds over a wide range of frequencies, masking those noise interruptions, so you can not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.
Air Conditioner, Airplane Travel, Amazon Jungle, Beach Waves Crashing, Blowing Wind, Blue Noise, Boat Swaying in Water, Brown Noise, Camp Fire, Cars Driving, Cat Purring, Chimes Chiming, City Streets, Clothes Dryer, Crickets Chirping, Crowded Room, Dish Washer, Extreme Rain Pouring, Frogs at Night, Grandfather Clock, Hair Dryer Blowing, Heartbeat, Heavy Rain Pouring, Light Rain with Birds, Ocean Waves Crashing, Oscillating Fan, Pink Noise, Rain on Car Roof, Rain Storm, Running Shower, Running Water, Stream Water Flowing, Thunder Storm, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Train Ride, Vacuum Cleaner, Violet Noise, Water Dripping, Water Sprinkler, White Noise
• 40+ perfectly looped sounds with additional free sounds from the White Noise Market at http://whitenoisemarket.com/
• iPhone 5, 6, 6+ Retina display support
• Record and loop new sounds with total ease
• Background audio support so you can use other apps while listening
• Create new soundscapes by mixing multiple noises together like a DJ with support for adjusting volume, balance, and pitch of each individual sound in the mix
• Full screen digital clock with multiple colors and brightness controls makes it the perfect companion for any nightstand
• Advanced alarm and timer system that slowly fades audio in and out so you awake naturally feeling more refreshed
• On-screen media player and volume controls with swipe gesture support for navigating sound collection
• Star favorite sounds and mixes in the sound catalog for quick access using the Favorite view
• Use iPod Music as alarms that slowly fade in so you wake refreshed
• AirPlay sounds to Bluetooth devices or Apple TV
• Control White Noise from Lock Screen or using headphones with remote control buttons
• Create timed playlists of sounds and mixes
• Advanced Settings let you adjust sound volume, balance, pitch, mixing with iPod music, looping the playlist, custom alarm snooze times, and more
• Generate custom color noises with In-App Purchases
White Noise has been featured by popular TV shows (Dr. Oz, Today Show, FOX&Friends, Jimmy Fallon), major media outlets (NBC News Today, Health Magazine, The Washington Post, NY Times, CNET, Esquire, PC Magazine), and raved about by millions of satisfied customers.
DR. OZ SHOW: 13 Miracles of 2013
"Revolutionary Sound App!”
THE WASHINGTON POST: Smartphone Puts Newborn to Sleep
"For the next four months, the infant slept with his father's phone in his crib and White Noise tuned to 'air conditioner.' The monotonous buzz kept the baby sleeping soundly and his parents happy."
CNET: Apps that can improve your life
“Trouble falling asleep at night? A little White Noise might do the trick.”
HEALTH MAGAZINE: "Help you turn off your brain, fall asleep faster, and get the rest you desperately need"
PC MAGAZINE: "Since the sound of crickets chirping has the same relaxing effect on children as it does on adults, White Noise is perfect for taking things down a notch."
What's New in Version 5.8
Optimized for the iPhone 6 and 6+ with full resolution and 64 bit support! Market button added for quickly downloading new sounds. It will launch the White Noise Market native app if installed or fallback to the market website if not. Postcards for new sounds will now prefer the native market app if installed. New sounds are now imported to the front of the catalog.
Have you tried the White Noise Market app yet? It's the easiest way to download new free sounds.
The Best of the Bunch
White Noise's title belies the breadth of sound possibilities available, all recorded very cleanly---I have a lot of experience with sound equipment, and a little added distortion in a recording is physically irritating, and will make it harder to sleep or study (or put the baby to sleep). The "other" noise app (with the owl icon) is also very good, and worth buying, but White Noise, for me, has a better selection of sounds. The "store" (free downloads of sounds chosen by WN fans, and Recorded through the available WN recorder for consistency) just asked for my Facebook or Gmail address. I used Gmail. The privacy objection didn't rattle me much. Regarding the WN recorder: most people don't realize that the iPhone has, I think, the best/ cleanest sound electronics of any phone I've heard, and with a better microphone (iRig Mic up to Apogee Mic), you're carrying a digital sound recorder better than most pro (tens of thousands of dollars) equipment of the 80's & 90's. You can still make great or lousy recordings, but the equipment is really pretty good.
I use this app every night, at home or on the road. It has different kinds of white noise (in addition to white, there's brown, purple, etc.) and tons of other sounds. The sound quality of each sample is excellent. This app is priceless in a noisy bedroom or hotel. Fall asleep with earbuds and a little "brown noise" and you'll sleep like the proverbial baby. It can also be helpful in blocking out noise on planes. And the clock is terrific because you can dim it. This is an app I use every day.
Best Sleep app
Great for use at home and away. Easy to use interface and lots of sound options to choose from so you can get just the right one for you.
Suggested improvement: allow white noise volume to be controlled by the normal volume buttons but allow configuring the alarm volume separately.
**** request for alarm labels/friendly named
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 22, 2015
- Version: 5.8
- Size: 35.7 MB
- Language: En
- Seller: TMSOFT
- © 2008-2015 TMSOFT, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases