Discover the DNA of the music you love! Scan your personal Apple Music, Spotify or iTunes library for samples, covers and remixes, and explore WhoSampled's entire universe of deep musical knowledge.
The WhoSampled app can now also identify the music that is playing around you and show you its samples, covers and remixes. Available as an in-app subscription for just $9.99 per year (or your currency equivalent), subject to the In-App Subscription Terms below.
- Selected by Apple as APP STORE BEST OF YEAR
- The Telegraph's BEST MUSIC APP OF THE YEAR
- Music Ally Digital Music Awards - BEST MUSIC APP
- Listed as one of the best apps in the world by The Next Web, The Sunday Times, The Independent and more
Where was this song sampled? Who covered my favorite artists? What remixes were made for this track? WhoSampled knows! WhoSampled is the music DNA discovery app that lets you explore the music connections in your music collection. Access the world's largest database of sample-based music, cover songs and remixes, and discover who your favorite artists have sampled, or whether your favorite songs have been covered or remixed! It's an essential music discovery tool for anyone into Hip-Hop, Electronic/Dance music, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Funk, Soul, Reggae, Classical or any other genre.
- Go on a journey of musical discovery built around your own music collection. Scan your Apple Music, Spotify or iTunes music library and discover amazing connections for the songs in it
- Identify the music that is playing around you and immediately see its samples, covers and remixes. Available as an in-app subscription for just $9.99 per year (or your currency equivalent)
- Easy access to the world’s largest and richest database of music DNA, with over 500,000 tracks, 200,000 artists and continuous daily additions. Search for any artist or track even if it is not in your music library
- Beautiful, ad-free, clean interface. Simple and intuitive navigation makes music exploration easy
- Compare tracks side-by-side and listen to full‐length tracks, streamed through YouTube (where available), Apple Music (if you are a subscriber) or Spotify (Spotify Premium accounts only). Please note that your iPhone must not be on silent/vibrate mode in order for audio to play
- “Now Playing” feature – switch from your music player to WhoSampled to discover all the musical connections for the song you’re listening to right now (Apple Music and iTunes only)
- Highly detailed information on any sample (sample timing, sample type, part sampled) lets you pinpoint where the sample was used and compare it with the original
- Share your amazing finds with your Facebook friends and Twitter followers
- Deep and unique music charts that show you trending and top rated content as well as the all-time most influential artists and tracks
- Engage with the WhoSampled community from within the app; comment on and rate any entry in the WhoSampled database
- A host of other features and functionality including links to buy tracks from iTunes, personal favorites list plus contextual recommendations from every sample, cover and remix
Dig deeper into the music you love. Dig into the WhoSampled app.
In-App Subscription Terms
Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Take your music recognition game to the next level! The WhoSampled app can now identify the music that is playing around you and show you its samples, covers and remixes. Available as an in-app annual subscription for just $9.99 per year (or your currency equivalent).
- Full compatibility with the iPhone X
- Minor enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app so much! Very helpful finding the origins of songs that I love. Only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is because I think this app would be complete if you incorporated mixtapes into this app as well. There are so many mixtapes that sample a lot of artists and I would love to see where the songs sampled from. If that does get incorporated then I will change my rating to a 5 Star.
P.S. you could work with other apps like Spinrilla, datpiff, and MyMixtapes and they could help you get a lot of the material
Fits me to a T
I grew up reading liner notes on my father’s LPs and continued to do so when hip-hop came along. Reading liner notes enabled me to discover artists that I never knew anything about and never would have been privy to had they not been sampled. This app allows me to discover even more artists as I did when I was a kid reading liner notes. It’s a great idea. Thanks for making it available to the world.
Very glad to hear you're enjoying the app, thanks for the kind words!
This app is a tool.
For myself, being a former DJ on a sabbatical making a life, I find this app repeatedly gives me a lesson into the creativity of producers today. I find myself enjoying the new sound created and the original piece. It’s like getting your two birds with one stone, every time. Thank you WhoSampled.
- WhoSampled.com Limited
- 30.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 WhoSampled.com Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Track ID $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.