By Robert Chin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- iCloud syncing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: To scroll to the top of a Wikipedia entry, hit the title bar at the top of the iPhone's screen (this works in Safari too).
Second tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
Wikipanion is advertisement free.
What's New in Version 1.9
- iOS 9
- Bug fixes
Doesn't Remember Location of a Clicked Link
After upgrading my iPhone 5s to iOS 9.2, when I click a link in an article and then return to the original article, it always goes back to the top of the original article, rather than remembering where I was when I clicked the link in the original article
Best Wikipedia app I've ever used
Either on the iPhone or the iPad, for years, this has been one of the best apps for reading articles on Wikipedia for years now.
The free version is great! With the unobtrusive UI and no adverts.
It deserves to be purchased simply due to the support and timely updates since Wikipanion is without a doubt, the best Wikipedia app for iOS.
Been using this app since the iPhone 3G was launched to my 6S Plus even now. Including the initial iPad version of this app.
Five 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟's for sure.
Long term support
This app is perhaps the best Wikipedia app. More importantly, it has been maintained and updated for years. Bugs are quickly fixed, compatibility always maintained. Amazing work!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 15, 2015
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Robert Chin
- © 2009-2015 Robert Chin
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.