Explore your world, find a quick fact, or dive down a Wikipedia rabbit hole with the official Wikipedia app for iOS. With more than 40 million articles across nearly 300 languages, your favorite free online encyclopedia is at your fingertips.
Night reading - Appearance controls let you read Wikipedia in comfort, with dark mode, text size control and image dimming to customize how you read.
Places - Find Wikipedia articles about places next door or across the globe, with a map and location based search experience. On a trip or your daily commute, with Places it’s easy to learn more about the world around you.
Explore feed - Discover the depths of Wikipedia through your explore feed, which surfaces Wikipedia articles and captivating freely-licensed photos. It includes a diverse array of interesting content, including:
- recommended articles based on what you’ve already read
- featured articles hand-picked by the Wikipedia community
- daily top read articles
- picture of the day
- events on this day in history
- random articles
- nearby landmarks
Find and search - Easily find what you’re looking for by searching within articles or using Spotlight. You can even search with your favorite emojis!
Quick access - Add Wikipedia to your device's Today screen to pick up exactly where you stopped reading your last article, or see the top-read articles and trends of the day.
Easy touch navigation, including 3D touch - Multi-touch gestures like swipe, tap, and 3D Touch features complete essential tasks more quickly and simply.
Save articles - Save articles for reading later, even when you’re offline. Search and sort Saved articles, and organize them into folders. Log in to sync your Reading Lists across the your mobile devices.
Multilingual support - Search for and read Wikipedia articles written in any Wikipedia-supported language — there are nearly 300!
Share - Easily share articles, images, and facts from Wikipedia on social media or by email. Or use Handoff to continue reading articles across your iOS devices.
Want to know more behind the scenes of the Wikipedia mobile app for iOS? Check out these resources:
To send feedback, from the app tap:
Settings Gear > Send app feedback
Contribute to our app localizations:
Code at GitHub open source repository:
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia projects. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable organization funded mainly through donations. For more information, please visit our website: https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home.
Small bug fix.
Ratings and Reviews
Well Read Information, That’s Appreciated
I do use this app several times a day.
As well I highly recommend this app
to all who enjoy and want to learn for their personal enlightenment and self education of the world, past present and of potential future of
people, places and things.
Read on and enjoy!!!
Possibly THE BEST SITE on the entire Web
Wikipedia is probably the best site on the entire World Wide Web. The information provided by Wikipedia is always accurate, up to date and easy to use.
I have explained to my children, ages 10 and 12, just how much easier they have access to any information on any subject at their fingertips. I explained to them how information was researched and provided when I was in grade school.
I think they have a better understanding and appreciation of how, who and why the information they are able to obtain has changed, accessed and obtained since the creation of the word wide web.
I would just like to say THANK YOU to all of Wikipedia’s contributors and the time they have invested. It is also such a blessing to be able to trust the information, without doubt, Wikipedia provides.
Subtopics should be easier to find...
I do like this app, however, sometimes I want to find a specific factoid about someone or something. With the app, I have to scroll and scroll and scroll in order to find something. With the regular website, you can click on the subtopics (discography, personal life, later years and death, etc.). Maybe I have not discovered how to do this yet on the app, but it is annoying.
- Wikimedia Foundation
- 52.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Arpitan, Assamese, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Central Bikol, Central Kurdish, Chechen, Czech, Danish, Dimli (individual language), Dutch, Esperanto, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Hunsrik, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Karachay-Balkar, Korean, Kölsch, Latvian, Lithuanian, Lower Sorbian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Marathi, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Occitan, Oriya, Oromo, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Rinconada Bikol, Romanian, Russian, Sanskrit, Scots, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Sindhi, Singhalese, Slovak, Spanish, Sudanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Urdu, Uzbek, Venetian, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yakut, Yiddish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Wikimedia Foundation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.