By Microsoft Corporation
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Windows Phone is a simple, easy-to-use application designed to sync your favorite media files from your Mac, with your Windows Phone or Zune HD. You can also sync photos and videos you captured on your phone with your Mac.
With Windows Phone, you can:
• Sync music, movies, TV Shows and podcasts, from your existing iTunes library, to devices*
• Sync photos and videos, from your existing iPhoto or Aperture library, to your devices
• Retrieve photos and videos, taken on your Windows Phone, and automatically your import them into your existing iPhoto or Aperture library
• Browse and preview media items located on your devices
* Only unprotected (non DRM) files are supported
Windows Phone device (any carrier) or Zune HD
Mac OS 10.7.4 or higher
If you are experiencing synchronization issues, please email concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 3.1.1
•Updated to support Windows Phone 8.1 devices.
•Added drag and drop support for .DNG files to Browse Device UI.
•Various UI improvements.
Works fine* *if you have a functioning brain
Been using this app since its beta and im not sure why so many people have issues with this app. Must be the ‘im not smart enough to figure out tech, so i bought a mac’ user thing. Like everything else, you have to be smarter than the device to get it to work. I know you guys are mac users but come on, it only requires the use of a few brain cells.
Works better than the WP App for Windows
Seems to work fine with my Lumia 928 running Windows 8.1
Actually it works better than fine. Better than the terrible Metro-style Windows Phone app for actual Windows 8.1
It synced my files, let me drag and drop music. Whatever negative reviews you’re reading right now, the problems do seem to be fixed for the latest version.
Needs quite a bit of work I think to make it optimally functional.
Had hoped the recent update would take care of many of the issues I have been struggling with.
I have a Lumia 1520 with Windows Phone 8.1. The issues I have encountered were also present in prior versions of the app as well as with prior Windows Phone version.
1. Frequently crashes.
2. Does not seem to sync. Instead makes copies upon copies quickly consuming SD card space.
3. Rather too slow, took 12 hours to sync; and at the end of the sync; an error message listing far too many items that could not be synced. No explanation as to why the app could not sync them as putting them on the SD card directly via the mac did not cause any problems.
As this is the only app for Windows Phone 8.1 syncing on the mac; you have no choice but to try to make do, but clearly there is much room for improvement / bug squashing.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 21, 2014
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2012 Microsoft Corporation
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later