Wire — Private Messenger
By Wire Swiss GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Secure, end-to-end encrypted messenger for calls, chat, sharing pics, videos, files, GIFs, sketches and more.
Works on mobile, tablet, desktop, and keeps chats always in sync.
• Secure. Everything you send is end-to-end encrypted and only you and the receiver can read and see what is sent.
• Privacy focused. Wire does not share or sell your data or contact details to anyone. There are no ads. Switzerland-based with servers in the European Union.
• Phone number or email. Register with phone number on mobile, or with email on desktop, then log in with the same account on mobile.
• Username. There’s no need to share your phone number with others. Just give them your username to connect.
• Mobile, tablet, desktop. Chats are always in sync and you don’t need your phone to log in on desktop.
• Groups. Wire is great for private and secure group conversations with up to 128 people.
• Timed messages. Control how long others see your messages, pictures, videos.
• Delete & edit. Posted something to a wrong chat by accident? No problem, delete it from all receiving devices.
• Open source. Anyone can verify the security of Wire by auditing the code available on GitHub. Independent security review was published in January, 2017.
Feature rich – great for teams
• Voice & video calls. Crystal clear quality, developed by the original audio team from Skype.
• Group calls. Talk with up to 10 people and enjoy the virtual stereo effect (with headphones) to help you understand who’s speaking.
• Audio and video messages. Record and send, or choose a clip from your device. There are even fun filters to modify your voice.
• Search. Full chat history at your fingertips. You can also filter chat content by images, links and files that have been shared.
• GIFs and sketches. Send a funny GIF or sketch with your finger to create a unique reply.
• File sharing. Securely transfer any file from your device, or from cloud services like iCloud or Dropbox.
• Location sharing. Meeting up or giving instructions is easy – just share your current location.
• Videos and music. Share a Youtube, Vimeo or SoundCloud link in a chat and others can play it without leaving Wire.
• Link previews. Share any web link and Wire will automatically show the page title and a photo from the page (if available).
Wire is free.
What's New in Version 2.38
— Fixed: Several crash issues.
I had increasingly become dissatisfied with Skype since it's acquisition by Microsoft. In particular, I felt like their decision to put Linux development on the back burner was an especially harsh blow. As a daily Linux user, I was excited to hear that Wire not only supported my platform of choice, but it also exists on every platform out there. The app itself runs wonderfully as well, and even beats Skype when it comes to dependability. I'd give this app 10/5 stars if I could!
Replacement for iMessage, skype, snappy chat, and others
I used wire passively about three months ago to chat with some friends. I liked it. As more and more users moved from telegram and snap chat to wire my contact list kept growing along with my usage. Wire is capable of fully replacing iMessage, and for me it has. The more I use it the more I love it. Great functionality, privacy, and UI. Now, instead of using services that harvest my personal data I can simply use wire. It's awesome.
Sophisticated application with one of a kind interface and tools backed by end to end encryption for peace of mind privacy. Cristal clear sound and data sharing to keep all your documents in one place. Definitely recommended.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 15, 2017
- Version: 2.38
- Size: 123 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Wire Swiss GmbH
- © Wire Swiss GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.