Wire is the most secure collaboration platform. We increase the productivity in your team while keeping your information private. Wire allows your team to communicate and share information easily and securely - messages, files, conference calls or private conversations - always in context.
– Communicate with your teams through private or group conversations
– Share and collaborate with files, documents, links with reactions
– Press the one-click conference call button and your voice or video meetings starts on time
– Invite partners, customers and suppliers to collaborate through the unique guest rooms
– Increase privacy through ephemeral messages and device fingerprinting
– Integrate Wire with your corporate applications and services
– Recognized by IDC as industry leading security and privacy approach through Open Source, end to end
encryption, forward secrecy and public audits
Wire is available on any device and operating system - so your team can collaborate whether in the office or on the road.
Wire is also available as an on-demand solution for crisis collaboration.
Wire offers a free version for external business partners or friends and family use.
To learn more go to wire.com
• Refined experience for certificate pinning
• Link preview generation for invalid links
Ratings and Reviews
Solid chat app with lots of features
Wire works well as a Skype replacement, and it has a few extra bells and whistles too. I enjoy the macOS and iOS versions.
However, there are a couple quirks with the macOS version:
- Sometimes a chat window gets a bit laggy/unresponsive when trying to scroll (selecting a different chat and then going back to the initial chat seems to fix this).
- The biggest annoyance for me is that there’s no way to customize the window, specifically the panel on the left that lists your chats/contacts. There should be a way to resize this panel, especially to shrink it down to just icons, because it takes up way too much space as it is. You can do this on other chat apps (e.g. Messages and Skype), and I would love to be able to do this on Wire too.
Keep up the great work!
It almost there, but no...
I am a Mac user that just about had it with Skype, desperately looking for an alternative. Wire seemed very similar, so I gave it a shot. Sadly, this is not the solution:
- The alert sounds are nice and high-tech, but way too gentle. My peers had trouble realizing they have been texted. Even the Ping is subtle. The app should offer alternative alert sounds.
- There is no “prescence” indicator. This is VITAL for any messaging service, as well as displaying when you are busy, or on break.
- Yes, if you type :) it will replace it with the actual emoji, but an emoji selector tool would be preferred. I am a businessman and a leader of the sales team here, and emojis are the pop culture of modern day communications. A single image says more that a thousand words…
I am hoping to come back to Wire in the future. It definitively has the potential. I hope the development team keeps improving. Cheers
Developer Response ,
we really appreciate your feedback.
We will share your feedback with the team!
Also you have the possibility to add emoji's with :tag - like :smile .
But we get your point!
The app works but service is awful. I can’t figure out how to contact them. At the end of my 30 day trial, I quickly entered my credit card, clicked agree a couple times, and then realized I had agreed to $500 in annual charges for a 6 person team. I want to cancel immediately but there is no way to contact them that I can find. I tried an on-line question but they don’t go through. When I click the send button nothing happens. I feel ripped off to the tune of $500 and I don’t know what to do. Very frustrated.
- Wire Swiss GmbH
- 60.5 MB
- OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Wire Swiss GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.