Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant
By Wolfram Group LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Taking calculus? Then you need the Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant. This definitive app for calculus—from the world leader in math software—will help you work through your homework problems, ace your tests, and learn calculus concepts. Forget canned examples! The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant solves your specific Calculus problems on the fly including step-by-step guidance for derivatives, integrals, and much more.
This app covers the following topics applicable to Calculus, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, Calculus I, and Calculus II:
- Evaluate any numeric expression or substitute a value for a variable.
- Plot basic, parametric, or polar plots of the function(s) of your choice.
- Determine the limit of a function as it approaches a specific value.
- Differentiate any function or implicit function.
- Find the critical points and inflection points of a function.
- Identify the local and absolute extrema of a function.
- Integrate a function, with or without limits.
- Sum a function given a lower and upper bound.
- Find the closed form of a sequence or generate terms for a specific sequence.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Significant design updates, bug fixes
My friend had this app and it derived everything for him while showing the step-by-step solution. Having the step-by-step is extremely crucial for me in calc 2 because I need to learn the method of integrals. I noticed that some answers shows step-by-step and some don't. Trig integrals have multiple form of answers and I like to know which method achieves what. It'll be nice to know all the possible forms of answers as well; however, it doesn't seem like this app have that feature. This bugs me because I paid $3.99 for the step-by-step. If I simply want to check my answers I'll just go on their free site to acquire it.
This app is pretty good because it does offer you step by step details on how a problem is done, and some!
The only thing that needs to be fixed is if you want to divide something or use a rational, the sign only correlates to one part. For instance if you try to divide 3x+2, it will only divide the 3x, not the rest of the product.
Either it doesn't work or I'm using it wrong.
Anyway pretty good app.
This app has been so helpful in my calculus class. I struggle with math and without this app, I would be failing. I have been able to use this app to check my work, and because it shows the steps for solving the problems, I am able to understand the process and am getting an A in the class. Thank you Wolfram!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 08, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wolfram Group LLC
- © 2015, Wolfram Alpha LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.