Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant
By Wolfram Group LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Taking calculus? Then you need the Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant. This definitive app for calculus—from the world leader in math software—will help you work through your homework problems, ace your tests, and learn calculus concepts. Forget canned examples! The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant solves your specific Calculus problems on the fly including step-by-step guidance for derivatives, integrals, and much more.
This app covers the following topics applicable to Calculus, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, Calculus I, and Calculus II:
- Evaluate any numeric expression or substitute a value for a variable.
- Plot basic, parametric, or polar plots of the function(s) of your choice.
- Determine the limit of a function as it approaches a specific value.
- Differentiate any function or implicit function.
- Find the critical points and inflection points of a function.
- Identify the local and absolute extrema of a function.
- Integrate a function, with or without limits.
- Sum a function given a lower and upper bound.
- Find the closed form of a sequence or generate terms for a specific sequence.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, or Wi-Fi connection.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Bug fixes. Retina iPad and iPhone 5 support.
We've added more content!
- Limits: Continuity and discontinuity of functions
- Derivatives: Tangent and normal lines, cusps, and corners
- Integrals: Area between curves, numerical integration using various methods
- Series: Fourier series and convergence conditions
- Definitions for quick reference
This app works great for me. I have taken Calculus 1 and 2 at a college level. There are a multitude of applications for this app- limits, continuity, derivatives, integrals, and so on.
I find the input interface very convenient and friendly. The majority of derivatives and integrals that I have entered showed step by step solutions.
Overall, this app was a great help in my Calculus studies.
Does what it is designed to-do. Its great for quick homework help and checking solutions to equations. Answer explanations are also helpful but can be confusing. Overall though, I would recommend this app for any Calculus student who needs to check homework solutions/need a detailed explanation of how to complete certain derivatives or limit functions.
What happened to step by step?
This used to be a 5 star app, but recently I have found that it no longer gives the step by step instructions that it used to give. The button is still there, but when you press it nothing happens. It just shows the same thing (no steps) but offers to hide the steps that aren't there.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 10, 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wolfram Group LLC
- © 2013, Wolfram Alpha LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.