Wolfram Music Theory Course Assistant
By Wolfram Group LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learning music theory? Don't go anywhere without this handy music reference from Wolfram—a world leader in technical software! Are you taking a basic course in music theory, just starting out in band, or learning an instrument? Now you can learn about notes, intervals, scales, and chords and even hear what they sound like!
- Hear and view accidentals and octaves anywhere on the staff.
- Choose from both common scales and hundreds of more advanced scales.
- Explore triads and basic major, minor, and seventh chords.
- Input up to four chords and hear their progression.
- Learn how to identify music intervals by their name and what they sound like.
- Find interval inversions for every interval type.
- Reference musical terms like "andantino" and "solfa" in the abbreviated music dictionary.
The Wolfram Music Theory Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Music Theory Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Significant design updates, bug fixes
This is a good example of what happens when software engineers overreach. (I am one; I understand the failing.)
This is a weird mix of dictionary-ish articles and obscure stuff that reminds me of the feeling of reading the CIA Factbook. A buffet of random facts that does little to educate.
Perhaps hiring a music teacher who can product manage a redesign would help.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 21, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 14.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wolfram Group LLC
- © 2015, Wolfram Alpha LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.