World Travelpedia - ALL-IN-ONE
By Parkour Lab
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* The awesome App is highly recommended by the Billboard of 85 countries & areas! *
"World Travelpedia - All-in-One - Sights/Restaurants/Shopping/Nightlife" is an All-in-One Application, which cover 300+ COUNTRIES, 3000+ hot travel CITIES and 150,000+ hot Sights/Restaurants/Shopping/Nightlife places for travelers in the WORLD.
- TOP 100 Hottest Travel Cities' detail information, includes New York City, London, Berlin, Paris, Rome, Los Angeles, Sydney, Barcelona, ….
- TOP 50 Hottest Countries' detail information, includes Italy, America, England, Germany, India, China, France, Mexico, Japan, …
- Sights Bible: well organized 50000+ world sights
- Restaurant Bible: well organized 40000+ world restaurants
- Shopping Bible: well organized 30000+ world shopping places
- Nightlife Bible: well organized 30000+ world nightlife places
- "Smart" MAP & List Mixed view: to provide you best navigation experience
- "Near searching": to provide you an easy way to find the near hot restaurants & shopping places
"World Travelpedia - All-in-One - Sights/Restaurants/Shopping/Nightlife" is your top choice for not only local city guide, but also for global travel.
What's New in Version 6.0.4
Fix a minor bug
Just use Google to save time and get better results
I saw this app just prior to an upcoming trip and thought it would make a great way to discover new things to see and do as well as places to eat. In short, just use Google instead.
First, I checked the "Sights" section. In Orlando, FL, for example, there are 26 listed. After weeding out duplicates, the list is even smaller. Some "sights" listed were just city parks, which might be of interest to some, but I would imagine are pretty low on a traveler's to-do list. If you weed out all of the well-known and obvious tourist attractions, you are left with less than a handful of sights, mostly art museums and galleries.
The restaurant search fared no better. Only 56 restaurants listed for Orlando, many of which were chain restaurants familiar to a lot of people. None had ratings, price guides or other typically helpful information. Descriptions are brief and unhelpful, such as for this restaurant: From steak to seafood, you can hopscotch along Hwy 192 an sample every known fast-food chain in the known universe. Like many others along this strip, Angel's Lobster Feast will pound you into submission with the sheer amount of fast, health-optional food on offer.
Just Poorly Aggregated Wikipedia Information
This app has nice user interface, but the content is just poorly aggregated information from Wikipedia. It seems to have all been done robotically, resulting in a useless collection of random Wikipedia pages. For example for New York City parks, it says the parks are Bryant Park, Carl Shultz Park, and Liberty State Park. It makes no mention of the actual important parks like Central Park, Battery Park, or Prospect Park. By the way, Liberty State Park is in New Jersey not New York. The whole app is like that, just randomly collected stuff in a way that is not useful.
Good starting point to explore
The app has an easy to use interface. It also suggests many of the star attractions for each country. I got this app for free, so my opinion will differ from those that spent their hard earned money.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 11, 2013
- Version: 6.0.4
- Size: 44.7 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Shang hai Fly Software Technology Co.,Ltd
- © 2012 Parkour Lab.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.