By Team17 Software Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Celebrate Worms’ 19th birthday with up to 75% off selected Worms titles! ***
Run for cover as the original, award-winning turn-based strategy game WORMS™ hits the iPad! Enjoy this enhanced visual edition of the top-selling AppStore title!
With a selection of single player battles, up to 4 player multiplayer mode and plenty of ways to customise your team, Worms™ is high on entertainment and replay value!
• Authentic Worms™ gameplay.
• Intuitive control system.
• Cartoon-style visuals and comical audio.
• Plan attacks with the infamous Sheep, Holy Hand Grenade and Banana Bomb!
• 50 challenges, with items to unlock.
• 6 environments, all with random battlefields, no two games are ever the same!
• Personalise your team with names, voices and gravestones.
• Auto-saves game state on exit.
• Think you're a Worms™ expert? Take on a true test of your skill and face the mighty challenge of the all-new Body Count mode.
• Watch your finest moments again and again with the return of action-replays.
New Game Alert **Worms Crazy Golf HD**
DON’T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING WORMS GAMES! Worms Crazy Golf, Worms 2 Armageddon, Worms, Worms Crazy Golf HD & the Worms Sound board FREE!
GIFT THIS APP: Click the “Buy App” arrow on ITunes® App Store.
What's New in Version 2.3
- Five new speech-banks! (inc. Special-Ops, Fighter Pilot & Sub Commander).
- New Forts Mode and Golden Donkey Level Skip! (available as in-app purchases).
- Game Center compatibility featuring leaderboards and achievements.
- Facebook integration allowing progress to be displayed in the Facebook Ticker.
Bad version of a great game
This port of the classic game suffers a couple of big problems. The touch-screen user interface is not well designed. The graphics are very low quality, to the point that you can't easy figure out what some of the weapons are supposed to be. There should be more help screens considering these weaknesses. My last complaint only applies if you have kids: it would be nice if there were an option to eliminate the rampant suicide imagery, wIthout which this game would be suitable and fun for little kids.
This is pathetic. First off its not HD at all. The graphics look terrible on the new iPad. Secondly the game play is funky, although it works. I actually want my money back because I think that this game is even good enough to be free. I love worms games but this one is just sad. Please do better and update to better graphics or I will be asking for my money back.
Fun game to play between classes or when I'm bored on break at work. Smooth gameplay and great graphics. Worms never looked so good!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 27, 2012
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 157 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Team17 Software, Limited
- © Team17 Software Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Forts Mode$0.99
- Golden Donkey$0.99