A WRITEMAP PAINTS A THOUSAND WORDS
WriteMapper was built to leverage the visual nature of mind maps to give you a bird's-eye view of your writing structure. Just one glance is all it takes for you to get a good feel for the flow of your work.
In doing so, you get a comprehensive yet clear picture of what's going on in your content. And, if you need to rearrange your writing sequences or move stuff around, it's as simple as drag and drop.
BRAINSTORM YOUR WAY THROUGH WRITER’S BLOCK
Ever write down the title, and then face a mental struggle with the rest of the blank page? WriteMapper helps you overcome writer's block by turning your writing process into a brainstorming exercise.
This allows you to rapidly and relentlessly generate ideas and points for your writing. Just spend a couple minutes on this quick-fire process, and before you know it, you'll have a fully-formed content structure all ready to go!
Each node on the mind map has a content section you can jump in to edit at anytime. Besides being able to style and format your writing however you like, you can also edit the title of this sub-point from this view as well.
The distraction-free writing mode helps you shift gears from the all-aspects-considered nature of the mind map, to the focused task of detailing the contents of the individual sub-point you're zoomed in on.
PLAYS WELL WITH TEAMMATES
WriteMapper uses the nested structure of a mind map to automatically create and export a text document for you, right in your computer's file system. You can choose from a variety of file formats, including Markdown, HTML, Microsoft Word, plain text and Rich Text Format.
You can then edit the exported document in your text editing app of choice, to give that final draft the polish it needs to bring it to completion. With this supercharged content generation workflow, you'll get your writing done in no time at all!
ALL THE POWER OF IOS
WriteMapper was reworked from the fundamentals to be deeply integrated with and optimised for an incredible iPad usage experience. Here’s a couple of features and capabilities which we’ve leveraged from the power of iOS, the world’s most advanced mobile operating system, to help you do your best work:
With the help of the new Files app, you can easily save, sync and access your WriteMaps (.writemap files) across devices.
2. Drag and Drop
Magically move text and images from other apps into the distraction-free editor, or rearrange the nodes in your WriteMap by dragging them around.
3. Keyboard Shortcuts
Typing is even better on the iPad with an external hardware keyboard; and we’ve made it even easier to keep the typing flow going by integrating multiple handy keyboard shortcuts.
4. Split View
You can also have the app open side by side another app with the Split View feature of iOS. No more constant switching between multiple apps!
5. Apple Pencil Support
The app also plays nice with your Apple Pencil. It's just another thing that helps make WriteMapper for iPad more versatile, powerful, and natural than ever.
WRITEMAPPER ON YOUR OTHER DEVICES
Get WriteMapper for your Mac or Windows desktop computer to experience the full power of working on your .writemap files across your devices (sold seperately), accessing your WriteMaps using your preferred cloud syncing service.
Didn’t find what you were looking for, have questions or need help? Get in touch with us or visit our website for an extensive list of support articles which might be able to help.
In WriteMapper 1.5, we focused on style and formatting improvements. There's quite a number of items in this update, so let's get right to it:
- Improved the styling of the root node, only showing its info when selected, like the other nodes.
- The width of nodes with no children now expand to fit its contents as you type.
- Adjusted the line height of text in the content editor to use the golden typography ratio.
- Improved document metadata styles of exported DOCX files, such as for headings.
- Updated autosave frequency to every five minutes, preventing unnecessary processing from happening.
- WriteMap saving, exporting and copying to clipboard operations now show you visual confirmation when completed.
- Added a random color option for newly-created H2-level nodes. This is enabled by default, and can be set in your Preferences.
We also fixed a couple of bugs in this update:
- Corrected the positioning of the share dialog when exporting a file.
- Fixed a UI bug where the button for in-app purchases would overlap and obscure the toolbar when in Split View.
- Fixed an issue where multiple nested share dialogs would incorrectly appear when export options are tapped in quick succession.
- Corrected an issue where instances of a specific text arrangement would not export correctly to the DOCX format.
For more information, please refer to the What's New page on our website. We hope you'll enjoy using WriteMapper!
- Guan Xun Chew
- 5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 BETTERWEBPAGES
- In-App Purchases
- Full App $19.99
- 7-day Trial Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.