"A well-designed and user-oriented audio player and recorder that helps you listen to and record audio from your favorite online radio stations." - softpedia.com (4/5 stars)
"Perfect radio which can add streams yourself, including recorder, that caress ear and heartbeat faster. Very happy!" - 1Robob (5/5 stars)
"This is the best radio stream recorder that I ever use. I suggest for everyone!" - Zorso60 (5/5 stars)
"Born in the fifties this app is the best for my age, have it on every day, been looking for something like for years this is just 10/10" - pommyjohn (5/5 stars)
• Stream & Record over 6,942 of the hottest and most popular online radio stations
• Stream & Record your own URL radio stations
• Unlimited number of recordings - record as much as you want!
• Unlimited recording duration - record as long as you want!
• Auto-save URL feature with "Saved URLs" window
• 100’s of hot music styles and genres to stream
• 26 music categories
• Recorded music is saved as MP3/AAC audio files
• Search category sections by stations or description
• Start/Stop Recording with simple controls
• Full screen mode
• Multiple Radio Player sizes (x-large, large, small, mini)
• 33 FREE downloadable full-length Dubstep MP3 music tracks
• No in-app purchases!
* Recorded audio files are saved to your Mac's Music folder with the station name and track title/description (if available).
• Change your X-Stream Settings to your own preference in the settings window
• Animated level meters with On/Off controls
• Animated bass pounding speakers with On/Off controls
• Change the radio player size (x-large, large, small, mini)
• Change the font colors of the streaming title bar
• Change the font sizes of the stations text (large, small, mini)
STREAM YOUR OWN URL STATIONS:
• URL Streams must be encoded as either an MP3 or AAC stream to play in the X-Stream Radio Recorder app.
• Supports standard http URL ".mp3" and ".aac" streams.
• Supports most ".m3u", ".pls", and most ShoutCast streams.
• 20 URL fields to add and save your own URLs in the "Saved URLs" window.
• Add your own titles or names to your saved URL streams.
• Controls: Save URL, Save All URLs, Undo, Delete URL, and Delete All URLs.
• Please note that some URL streams are not compatible with the X-Stream Radio Recorder app.
* Adding your own URL in the "Stations" window and pressing "return/enter" on your keyboard, automatically saves the URL in the "Stations" window. It also automatically saves the URL to the "Saved URLs" window, as long as their is an available URL spot.
* If your URL stream plays audio, then it will record as either an MP3 or AAC music audio file, based on the streaming stations encoded audio format.
X-STREAM RADIO CATEGORIES:
• Top 40 / Pop
• Adult Contemporary
• Alternative Rock
• Classic Rock
• College / University
• Electronic / Dance
• The Golden Oldies
• Hard Rock / Heavy Metal
• Hip-Hop / Rap
• News / Talk Radio
• Reggae / Island
• RnB / Soul
• Sports Radio
• World / International
• Hits of the 90’s
• Flashback to the 80’s
• Retro 70’s
* This app requires a WiFi or Internet connection.
• The all new and enhanced "X-Stream Radio Recorder" for Mac is here!
• Major performance and stability modifications.
• Additional bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Got this to replace iTunes - very disappointed
iTunes has become a NIGHTMARE from HELL for finding and storing your own list of radion stations in a list
I bought this to save streams - but that is ALL it does store the URL
BEFORE APPLE DESTROYED iTunes and made it worthless I could ADD Streams and give them both a STREAM NAME and the URL and LIST THEM by NAME - not a stupid URL list which is MEANINGLESS for MOST URLs.
At LEAST the paste and save feature is right there and easy to you but it needs a LOT MOST interface functionality like iTunes has. IF you can made and interface to a LIST BY name that runs the URL behindd the scenes that would be perfect and then I would have NO USE FOR ITUNES at all
Not very useful at all
This just makes one giant file when you record a stream. There is no track cutting, no settings really of any sort for ripping streams, no timed recordings, nothing useful at all. I could do this with any of the pseudo-audio devices that exist for the Mac. If you’ve used the (sadly no longer >10.9 compatible) RadioLover, this is NOT like that at all. This is a very minimal program - freeware, maybe, but not worth any more than that. Mostly seems just to be ads for other software, actually.
There are free apps that are just as functional
Huge disappointment for the money I spent (BTW, I learned later it was much cheaper directly from the developer website). You can’t schedule a recording and there are almost no controls except cosmetic ones. Basically the recorder may serve your purpose if you want no control and you don’t mind sitting there while it records. The help function is absolutely minimal and presented in a very annoying way so that the text is barely visible. Even the animated meters are phony- they are just an animation of bouncing meter needles with no relationship to the music or any level you set. Way too much emphasis on appearance and way too little on functionality. I almost gave this a one star but I don’t really hate it, just hated the price. This should be free until the developer figures out how to make it do more than free recording apps.
- App Code Source, LLC
- 60.5 MB
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2014-2017 App Code Source, LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.